Rebuilding india team for the Australian series and Beyond.

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Rebuilding india team for the Australian series and Beyond.

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:36 pm

It is time for Dhoni to resign or get sacked for the captaincy get a new Coach, Batting coach, Spinning and Bowling coach and Slip catching coach. Penny could stay for the ground fielding coach though.

For the last two-three weeks we have seen some shocking cricket from the indian side, I am still baffled how we have lost so easily after being 1-0 up with 3 to play.

Majority of the side should stay the same.
Vijay has look very solid at the top
?
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
?
Dhoni
?
BK
Ishant
Aaron

What has been so irritating to watch is that indian bowling has actually been good for an indian team standard, if the batters can score 400+ more regularly india are more likely to win games than lose with some of the bowlers india have at the moment.

Need to look for a new openers and Spinners for the australia series and beyond.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Re: Rebuilding india team for the Australian series and Beyo

Postby rich1uk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:37 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:It is time for Dhoni to resign or get sacked for the captaincy get a new Coach, Batting coach, Spinning and Bowling coach and Slip catching coach. Penny could stay for the ground fielding coach though.

so nothing too radical then ? :P

how likely do you think any of that is to happen bhav ?
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:55 pm

rich1uk wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:It is time for Dhoni to resign or get sacked for the captaincy get a new Coach, Batting coach, Spinning and Bowling coach and Slip catching coach. Penny could stay for the ground fielding coach though.

so nothing too radical then ? :P

how likely do you think any of that is to happen bhav ?

Dhoni might resign, New Coach would be easy since all the blame would go to him and is the easy target.
For such a rich side india does look quite short and empty in the coaching aspect with no full time batting and Spinning coach. 2 Areas where india have struggled in the last 2-3 years.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Red Devil » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:46 pm

We need 2 different bowling attacks really - one for tests in ind, SL, Pak and even WI, and one for tests in Eng, Aus, SA and NZ.

Aaron and Yadav should be the two that we look to to lead the seam bowling, Ishant has actually not done too bad this series, but he was way down on pace this test and has to sort out his no-balls. Shami should still be on the radar and they need to decide if Pandey is going to get a go or not. Should forget about Pankaj.

Bhuvi is really important as he can swing the ball and we really need to make sure he works on his batting as well because he has the potential to be a very useful lower order batter. We MUST get Rishi Dhawan into the st-up as well because he must be a serious candidate as an all-rounder.

I see Ashwin as an all-rounder really - and I think he's very important to the side. Jadeja needs to do some serious work before he is considered again, although he's still probably a decent option for home tests as a third spinner. Mishra maybe?

Naman Ojha has also certainly put his name in the frame to take over from Dhoni as keeper, but it's not clear who we could turn to as captain at the moment.

For the time being though, we have to keep trying to build the batting around Vijay, Pujara, Kohli and Rahane - but the really have to toughen up soon.

The last 3 tests have been too awful to put into words - the players should be seething at themselves.
FL Titles
2008 Ban v NZ ODIs India v Aus Tests India v Eng ODIs
2009 NZ v WI Tests NZ v India ODIs SA v Aust ODIs Aus v WI Tests '08/09 Premier League Football
2010 SA v Eng Tests County Championship Div 1 County Championship Div 2 India v NZ Tests SL v WI Tests
2011 CMS Cricinfo World Cup County Championship Div 2
2012 Pak v Eng Tests SL v Ind ODIs County Championship Div 2 Champs League T20
2013 Ind v Aus Tests NZ v Eng T20/ODI NZ v Eng Tests County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 NZ v WI Tests '13/14 Aus v Eng Tests
2014 NZ v Ind ODIs CMS Cricinfo T20 World Cup County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 Aus MB One Day Cup SL v Eng ODIs
2015 CMS Cricinfo ODI World Cup Eng v NZ combined Natwest T20
2016 Big Bash T20 Sheffield Shield Kia Womens T20 Natwest T20 Blast County Fantasy Manager WI v Pak T20/ODI combined Rio Olympics
2017 Womens Big Bash T20 Womens ODI World Cup Eng v WI Tests County Championship Div 1 Eng v WI ODIs Aus JLT One Day Cup Ind v SL Tests NZ v WI Tests Ind v SL T20s
2018 Aus v Eng ODIs Womens Big Bash T20 Trans Tasman T20s Sheffield Shield Pak v WI T20s NZ v Eng Tests Eng v Aus ODIs Royal London County One Day WI v Ban Test/ODI Combined Women's Super League T20 Natwest T20 Blast Caribbean Premier League T20 County Championship Div 1 Women's T20 World Cup '17/18 Premier League Fantasy Football
2019 NZ v SL Test/ODI Combined WI v Eng Tests Big Bash T20 NZ v Ban Tests ICC World Cup Single Wicket Women's Big Bash T20 All Year Fant Comp
2020 Big Bash T20 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI Bob Willis Trophy Natwest T20 Blast Aus v Ind ODI/T20 Combined
2021 Ind v Eng ODIs
Red Junior's Titles
2016 Eng v Pak ODIs (aged 6)
2017 Eng v SA Tests Ind v NZ ODIs
2018 Aus JLT One Day Cup
2019 NZ v Eng T20s Aus Marsh One Day Cup
2020 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI IPL T20
Red Twins Titles
2021 Aus v Ind Tests (aged 7) Ind v Eng T20s
Red Devil

Team(s) Supported: India, Manchester United

Postby shankycricket » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:13 pm

If a day has arrived that Ashwin is "very important" to our Test side overseas, we may as well stop playing the format!
Definitely get a new spinner in and a new opener and I'd go back to playing 6 batsmen in Aus. There's no way in hell we're winning that series or even a Test, for that matter. The focus should be on damage control. I'd be ecstatic if we manage to take all 4 tests into the 5th day!
The less said about Dhoni's captaincy the better. It may sound silly on current form but I firmly believe Kohli is just the type of character whom the captaincy might bring the best out of. He'd still be my choice as captain. May bring some Ganguly style aggression into the team.

Dhoni batted really well but his keeping was dire to say the least. I suppose Australia should be a lot easier place to keep wickets although it must be noted he was even struggling to collect straight balls and not just the ones that swung. I'm kinda indifferent about his place in the side but as a captain, he simply HAS to go.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:16 pm

Shami was a bit of a disappointment. He went into the series as India's leading seamer, and a bowling banker.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:28 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Shami was a bit of a disappointment. He went into the series as India's leading seamer, and a bowling banker.

In a way it was nice to see him not do so well and got dropped for it.
Got talent but needs to work on it, he could easily become like Ishant Sharma and be guaranteed a spot in the team whatever he does since india has no one better than him and that won't improve him has a bowler.
In a way it is nice to see some healthy competition in the pace bowlers which has seen improved performances from them compared the usual indian standard.
Last edited by Dr Cricket on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:32 pm

shankycricket wrote:If a day has arrived that Ashwin is "very important" to our Test side overseas, we may as well stop playing the format!
Definitely get a new spinner in and a new opener and I'd go back to playing 6 batsmen in Aus. There's no way in hell we're winning that series or even a Test, for that matter. The focus should be on damage control. I'd be ecstatic if we manage to take all 4 tests into the 5th day!
The less said about Dhoni's captaincy the better. It may sound silly on current form but I firmly believe Kohli is just the type of character whom the captaincy might bring the best out of. He'd still be my choice as captain. May bring some Ganguly style aggression into the team.

Dhoni batted really well but his keeping was dire to say the least. I suppose Australia should be a lot easier place to keep wickets although it must be noted he was even struggling to collect straight balls and not just the ones that swung. I'm kinda indifferent about his place in the side but as a captain, he simply HAS to go.

By the way Shanky why couldn't you be Pessimistic. Ever since the Lords game you were slightly more optimistic and then what do we get 3 terrible performances.
:cry:
It is so hard to even take that we won a test yet be so pathetic and worse than 2011 in this series and to top it all off we won at a very very very green top.

Surely we can't be so worse in Australia.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:38 pm

There won't be the same sideways movement in Australia. But there will be the bounce.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:40 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:Shami was a bit of a disappointment. He went into the series as India's leading seamer, and a bowling banker.

In a way it was nice to see him not do so well and got dropped for it.

Sixteen players appeared in the series. Only one of them was injured. A few players were dropped.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:There won't be the same sideways movement in Australia. But there will be the bounce.

India coped well with the bounce in SA.
But Australia would have a very good bowling attack although SA wasn't bad either.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby shankycricket » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Australia are a far better side than England. I don't see things improving. As I said, a 4-0 defeat with all or any of those Tests going into the 5th day will be an improvement on this shower of sh*t.

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes, 4-0 seems a sensible prediction.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:50 pm

That tour is gonna be so depressing to watch.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby shankycricket » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:09 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/statuses/500943444924465152

Quite astonishing tbh. Mike mentioned something similar in another thread. How can he continue to be in the side as a keeper then?

shankycricket

Next

Return to International Cricket