Rebuilding india team for the Australian series and Beyond.

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Rebuilding india team for the Australian series and Beyo

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:00 am

Was there a programme to replace the missing highlights/Verdict slot?
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:07 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Was there a programme to replace the missing highlights/Verdict slot?

Not sure just watching the recording of yesterday washout went out so missed all the rain.
Ravi Shastri was in the studio talking about his role and what india can do to improve overseas.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Dr Cricket » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:33 am

Varun Aaron joins Durham for the rest of the season.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Aidan11 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:40 am

bhaveshgor wrote:Varun Aaron joins Durham for the rest of the season.

Just amount to two games ( and hopefully the RLOD Final) but Durham have a lot of bowlers out at present so this is a decent sigining.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby meninblue » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:It is time for Dhoni to resign or get sacked for the captaincy get a new Coach, Batting coach, Spinning and Bowling coach and Slip catching coach. Penny could stay for the ground fielding coach though.

For the last two-three weeks we have seen some shocking cricket from the indian side, I am still baffled how we have lost so easily after being 1-0 up with 3 to play.

We were 1-0 up in test series in India versus England and lost it too. Same this time again.

New captain and new coach might not change overseas test performances but it is time to consider accountability aspect. Dhoni and Duncan have been in major role for enough years but the results are just not there. imo captaincy should be taken away from Dhoni and Duncan should be sacked.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi Adi. Nice to see you posting again.

Straight in to Fletcher and MSD I see!
Arthur Crabtree

Postby meninblue » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Hi Adi. Nice to see you posting again.

Straight in to Fletcher and MSD I see!

Hi Arthur.Good to discuss cricket with you too.Duncan became coach in 2011 and Dhoni got captaincy in 2008. Yet after a good tenure with team, we are not seeing even reasonable improvements in overseas test series played outside Asia.

Lost: Draw : Win ratio in the last 5 series played outside Asia.
ENG: 3:1:1
NZL : 1:1:0
SA: 1:1:0
AUS: 4:0:0
Eng: 4:0:0

Played 17, Lost 13, Drawn 3, Won 1. That is too bad imo for a major test cricket team.

In this series we lost two tests within just 3 days that too with rain falling on ground for some time and lost play during those 3 days. England were at their worst recently in this century at least. Came into many months of bad results in tests. Without Strauss/KP/Swann/Trott (all unavailable in some way or other within a year). Also career of Cook/Bell/Prior was at stake such was their performances recently.

Practicing cricket is much better option especially when they struggling to score runs, take catches and pick wickets. However, they opted to do some football session. How good a decision is it given the context ?

Virat in slips after having dropped lot of slip catches in tests in home series versus England. It certainly was bad captaincy imo.

Having mentioned some mistakes in practice planning and captaincy, i do agree that captaincy and coaching are not the only problems. Bad batting in some matches,bad captaincy, bad bowling in other, bad fielding in rest, bad selections in some matches. Sometimes combination of one of more of these is the problem area causing further downfall.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:13 pm

The selection for the whole tour was quite controversial, and for each match, more so.

Maybe India gained some useful experience in the trials of a five Test series. Obviously they tailed off badly. Apart from Gambhir and Dhoni, I suppose the rest of the squad is young enough to usefully learn from the experience.

As ever, India's problem will be getting long careers out of pace bowlers, who actually played quite well on this tour. So they don't just have a whole new pace attack next time they tour here.

Tough for slips from Asia in UK on your first tour. Though there's little excuse for the chances going between slips without an effort to catch.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Dhoni and Fletcher don't even have any excuse left to be used.

2011 Seniors were blamed
2012 home series loss was blamed on Transition and the fact Pujara/Kohli were doing well suggest india may do well in the future.
2013/14 NZ/SA loss were blamed on Inexperienced but being competitive was seen as a positive.
2014 no excuses left the squad Dhoni and Fletcher said would do better than 2011 were even worse.

I see Dhoni getting sacked or removed soon anyway, Fletcher would probably go soon as well.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby meninblue » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:The selection for the whole tour was quite controversial, and for each match, more so.

Maybe India gained some useful experience in the trials of a five Test series. Obviously they tailed off badly. Apart from Gambhir and Dhoni, I suppose the rest of the squad is young enough to usefully learn from the experience.

As ever, India's problem will be getting long careers out of pace bowlers, who actually played quite well on this tour. So they don't just have a whole new pace attack next time they tour here.

Tough for slips from Asia in UK on your first tour. Though there's little excuse for the chances going between slips without an effort to catch.

The last time we got whitewashed (2011) they said seniors were playing badly. Now they will give inexperience as reason. Dhoni should be the last man to complain because with VVS,Sachin,Rahul there was enough time to develop a team. Not many captains have got that kind of luxury in terms of transition phase.When are we actually going to win overseas.

Our countrys pace bowlers show potential in initial couple of years only to get dropped either due to some injury or below par form. History suggests we are far away from getting long career from pace bowlers. I agree with you on that point.

Yes, fielding in very lesser temperature to the one that our fielders are used is an understandable excuse to some extent in context of fielding errors. However, what cannot be ignored is placing a bad slip fielder in slips yet again. It is clearly bad captaincy imo.
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 pm

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/ ... 81861.html
India are likely to keep the 3 Indian coaches and they want to keep Shastri has Team Director although he hasn't decided yet.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby andy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:50 pm

IMO Yadav needs to be in that Indian attack...whether they drop Shami, or push Ashwin up to 7, and play 4 frontline quicks, Yadav has to play..
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby shankycricket » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:23 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:IMO Yadav needs to be in that Indian attack...whether they drop Shami, or push Ashwin up to 7, and play 4 frontline quicks, Yadav has to play..

Or ideally push Ashwin out of the side. I think Yadav should be in the squad, not sure he warrants a place straight back in the XI yet. Bhuvi, Ishant and Aaron did alright in Eng (I know Aaron's figures weren't great but he bowled well IMHO) and a refreshed Shami should be in the mix too. With a 4 Test series in Aus though, all should get their chances at some point. Not that it'd make a difference of course.

Akshar Patel or Karn Sharma need to be invested in as the Test match spinner. It won't happen of course. We'll continue with Ashwin, who will continue to produce Bradman-esque averages (with the ball) Down Under.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby andy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:20 am

not sure about Karn in test cricket, but defo in limited overs....Ashwin is a good test bowler, also important not to forget about Ojha..
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby shankycricket » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 am

Ojha won't last a series considering the ongoing takedown of chuckers.

Ashwin is a worse test bowler than an ODI bowler overseas. I don't see how Karn can be written off without being given a chance. Ridiculous to persist with Ashwin overseas.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket