Virat's captaincy watch

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Virat's captaincy watch

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:38 am

Adi wrote:The only reason he will be kept captain is because he is usually injury free

Plus they almost always win and he's extremely popular.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:55 am

Yeah was about to say that Arthur lol.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby yuppie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am

There certainly looks to be something in the pitch for the spinners here. Day one and Ashwin is getting turn. Maybe India should have gone for their 2 spinners?
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby meninblue » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
Adi wrote:The only reason he will be kept captain is because he is usually injury free

Plus they almost always win and he's extremely popular.

It is now certain he is no more popular as a captain. His selections, his tactics are drawing lot of criticisms in Indian media and fans. As a batsman same Indian fans still rate him as next best to Steven Smith in tests and best in ODI's. The other problem is Ajinkya was vice captain during England series and he is not making it to playing 11. Even his squad place was doubtful this series on basis of form.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 pm

yuppie wrote:There certainly looks to be something in the pitch for the spinners here. Day one and Ashwin is getting turn. Maybe India should have gone for their 2 spinners?

Not selecting Two spinners is definitely not a blunder imo in SA. So i would not criticize him for that at least.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:34 am

Brilliant captaincy by Virat to have Hardik fielding at DBSL. :clap
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Another rubbish captaincy.

https://youtu.be/fvbEJg_0ynI

Post match the said that how many times have SA come close to winning in India when some SA journo questioned.

Pathetic really. One day if we will lose the next WC , he will say how many times have SA, ENG, AFG, BANGLADESH come close to winning. Maybe we Indian fans will have to hear that as well some day.

The much expected losses in SA are being defended. He is one of the worst captaincy material, very immature, gets provoked easily, makes blunders in selection, ignore practice matches and then defends the resulting loses with such statements . Great batsman but very bad captain.
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:00 pm

That's what Dhoni and Shastri said in England.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:05 pm

ironic thing is that kohli and shrastri been shouting from the roof tops in the past 2 yrs that india will be different and win and compete away from home.
that statement contradicts what they been saying for the past few years.
although you knows they could win the 3rd test and beat england in england still.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby meninblue » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:That's what Dhoni and Shastri said in England.

But surely it does not becomes correct statement because Dhoni also made. Or even past Indian captains have made.

We are No. 1 team. And captain of No. 1 team is giving such statements. The approach for preparation for this tour is also not what No 1 Team would take.

The problem with him is he keeps on sweeping the answers to questions wherein he has made blunders. Tried to defend all wrong things he has done as captain for this series. No wonder Indian media and fans have lost faith in such inept captain even though the very same fans who judge him as great batsman dislike his captaincy. He even defended dropping Bhuvi. In form players are being dropped. Who will be responsible if in form players lose form because they are not selected. The best to get out of the cricketers is when they are in form of life. Here is is doing just opposite by resting them. What confidence or faith will players have in such a captain. How the captain will be able to get best out of resources when there is little reward or recognition for performances . Already there is talks now that Virat will probably be the worst captain India has. I am afraid if he does not changes lit of things then this will be true. Otherwise better to have home matches, win by thrashing everyone by huge margins and let the weakness not surface. That is one way his captaincy flaws can be hidden.
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:59 am

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/smi ... leadership
reckon smith is right here especially on this comment.
"Smith feels Kohli finds it difficult to put himself in his team-mates' shoes."
think at the moment kohli needs to know what he find easy isn't that easy for other players in the team let alone in the world.
not sure everyone can play the way he plays and isn't right he expects everyone to play like him.

that will be a big test for him this year.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Reading your post, Dr C, I had assumed that was Steve Smith making comments on Kohli's captaincy.

I was worried.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby The Professor » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:31 am

37 wins for Virat Kohli as skipper after 48 ODIs - the joint most for a captain along side Clive Lloyd, Hansie Cronje & Ricky Ponting.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby andy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am

India's first series win in SA in ODI'S, too i believe, so another plaudit for Kohli
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby meninblue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Great achievement in ODI series. Two spinners combo worked. 5-1 ! We won so comprehensively in 5 matches and series that it gives a feel as if this series was played in India.
meninblue

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket