England squad for Pakistan series

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: England squad for Pakistan series

Postby Gingerfinch » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:54 am

Patel is another Ansari, so I'm not totally shocked by his inclusion, though I would have personally liked to have seen a younger player taken, more for experience than anything else.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby m@tt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Patel isnt an inspiring selection but options really are limited. He won't play injury permitting though.
Andy Flower wrote:This is going to test my coaching expertise. This is the worst case I've ever seen.
m@tt

Team(s) Supported: .
England and Warwickshire.

Also tend to follow any former/current/prospective England players.

606 Username: matt_h88

Postby Alviro Patterson » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:38 pm

m@tt wrote:Patel isnt an inspiring selection but options really are limited. He won't play injury permitting though.

I won't count on that, somehow I can see Samit getting preference over Rashid.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Samit is the joint highest spinning wicket taker (26) in CC1, who isn't Jeetan Patel! So not even the highest wicket taking Patel... Two ahead of Rayner, level with Rashid. Which kind of demonstrates the problems England have.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby sussexpob » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:13 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Samit is the joint highest spinning wicket taker (26) in CC1, who isn't Jeetan Patel! So not even the highest wicket taking Patel... Two ahead of Rayner, level with Rashid. Which kind of demonstrates the problems England have.

The problem is, in the period of the summer when pitches dry out, its all one day cricket now. Early and late season pitches does nothing for the spinner
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Previous

Return to International Cricket