Mohammad Amir's return to international cricket

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Mohammad Amir's return to international cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:14 pm

Also don't see anything wrong with BCCI response considering ECB only wanted Nets and No indian player were to take part and they were not going to play any BCCI teams and secondly ECB did not offer BCCI a tour in return since ECB doesn't want any lions games in the summer.

ECB can not have it both ways.

The fact is ECB have not offered BCCI An A tour in the summer and BCCI would only allow England to come if BCCI are allowed to come and play games in the english summer.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:30 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:Amir shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a cricket ground in England, I don't accept this "he was too young to know what he was doing" defence. Countries in the Mid-East and Asia are not in any hurry to issue visas to those with criminal records.

England has tutored players from all over the world in how to play in our conditions, that´s how sensitive we are.

If anything you can argue the same thing with IPL since overseas players are playing in india for 6 weeks and so should know the conditions well now.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:07 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:Amir shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a cricket ground in England, I don't accept this "he was too young to know what he was doing" defence. Countries in the Mid-East and Asia are not in any hurry to issue visas to those with criminal records.

if he plays the guy very lucky at the moment, was always touch and go if he would get visa to most countries after getting a record but the fact he went to prison and sentenced in the uk should really mean he barred from this country for at least 10 years after his sentences was finished.

Also TBH most or all countries are tough to get visa if you got a criminal record so no different anywhere in the world.
Think USA is the toughest place to get a visa with a record.

You are living in a world entirely of your own making. Some years ago I was to go to Kuwait to supervise a construction but before I could get a visa I had to provide a certificate from the British government that I did not have a criminal record. The UAE often make difficulties over visa applications and a few years ago the BCCI refused to allow England to send a performance squad to India, presumably to prevent England players learning how to play in their conditions.

England has tutored players from all over the world in how to play in our conditions, that´s how sensitive we are.

You do realise when you apply for a visa they ask if you had a record and normally ask for prove that you don't have a record.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:04 am

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby braveneutral » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:03 pm

He agrees with Cookie that all fixers should be given life bans.
Asia Cup 2012 guru
SA vs Oz 2011 combined guru
SA vs Bangladesh Tests guru
NZ vs WI Tests guru
2014 French Open guru
T20 Blast 2014 guru
India vs WI ODIs 2014 guru
2016 French Open guru
2016 Wimbledon guru
2016 RL50 Cup guru
Premier League Final Placings Prediction League 2016/7 guru
England v SA ODIs 2017 guru
Guru.

D/L wrote:Words fail me for once.

17/04/17 - 'The day that history was made'

20/04/17 - Better than Bolt.
braveneutral

Team(s) Supported: Northants amongst others.

I suppose.

At times.

Previous

Return to International Cricket