Michael Clarke new book controversies

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Michael Clarke new book controversies

Postby GarlicJam » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:57 am

several pages from Clarke's book* make for interesting reading:

*or not.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby sussexpob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:37 am

Surely you picked up the parody copy. This can not be real!
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:40 am

Wow clarke sound like a spoiled brat in that book, really hard to believe the book is real.
might buy the book looks a good read lol.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby sussexpob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:32 am

I have a feeling that these are jokes someone has made, Bhavi.....
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:39 am

Not many words on a page. Maybe this is the pre-school version...
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Gingerfinch » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:58 am

It's obviously a joke, but I have to admit it took me a few lines to realise, and I did also wonder why he was sending photo's to Brian Lara, forgetting about Lara Bingle :hide
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby GarlicJam » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:57 am

It's the only use I have found for any/all of the sports betting websites that advertise on my facebook feed. One of them - this one, Sportsbet - does have some funny things from time to time.

Never spent a cent with them yet, though.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby sussexpob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:30 am

GarlicJam wrote:It's the only use I have found for any/all of the sports betting websites that advertise on my facebook feed. One of them - this one, Sportsbet - does have some funny things from time to time.

Never spent a cent with them yet, though.

I am a little bit gutted that the Gilmour CD thing isnt true. But it did give me a chuckle

sussexpob

Postby GarlicJam » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:25 am

But wait, there is more:

Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby yuppie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:11 pm

:laugh :laugh

Brilliant find GJ :clap
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:59 pm

Good stuff. Clarke's got some way to go before he can claim to be as oleaginous as Mark Nicholas though.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby meninblue » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:40 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
clubcricketeradi wrote:He was a top class batsman. At certain point of time he was worlds best. Technically he had a good control of forearm while playing on the up strokes. The elbow position complimented it.Only Jaddu troubled him as he picked his wicket 5 times in one tests series versus us in India.

His fielding too was incredible.

Bowling wise i cannot forget his 6 wicket hail in test versus us at Mumbai. He won that test match with his bowling.

As a captain although he did make couple of blunders, but overall he was succesful considering the win:loss ratio. The worst match could be the test in South Africa where his team gof out for 71?

I hope his autobiography is as good as his cricketing skills were.

He had at least two legendary innings, hundreds in Cape Town, at the start of the noughties on a damp wicket to Morkel/Steyn/Philander, and the second at Cape town with a broken shoulder. Players need those kind of knocks to be remembered, and surely these are among the very best innings played by Australians.

Also, as I've mentioned in the past, his stats aren't bolstered at all by games against minnows. If you strip out BD and Zimbabwe, he soars up the averages list. He was a fine skipper and he soldiered on amazingly well with a pretty bad back injury. He carried the Aussie team for a few years, and had a period where he was clearly the best bat in the world, and had one of the best years for runs ever.

I think there's a good case for him being one of the greats. But it sort of doesn't work when you try it. My little Test for taking the hype out of the game is to look at the players above and below in the stats. Minimum 5000 runs since 1990, excluding the minnows, Clarke falls between Dravid and Sehwag. Both are Hall of Famers.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... pe=batting

I wonder a bit if Aussies just got bored of having great batters. I've lived through Chappell, Border, Waugh and (Aussies say so, but I'm not sure) Ponting. Maybe they're just spoiled for batting legends.

Sadly i remember the 300+ he scored against us.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:28 am

Cape Town at the start of the teens, not noughties, of course...
Arthur Crabtree

Postby alfie » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Listened to a radio interview with Clarke today...I quite like him . As he acknowledges , he started as a leader without really "getting "it , and gradually learned how to lead his team...though by then he was starting to run out of star players. He wasn't in the mould of his predecessors : Border , Taylor , Waugh etc ..." Drink a beer , dog in the back of the ute , etc" and could see why not everyone took to him. But he gives Smith - a very different type of leader - support in the new style of Australian Captain in which there are a lot of coaches and managers hanging over his head...

He could bat all right too.
alfie

Previous

Return to International Cricket