England vs India series ratings

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

England vs India series ratings

Postby andy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:15 pm

My ratings for the series

England:

Alistair Cook - 5
Haseeb Hameed - 7
Joe Root - 8
Ben Duckett - 3
Moeen Ali - 5 (scored a lot of runs, but continues to frustrate by giving it away, dire with the ball)
Ben Stokes - 6 (only 2 scores of not, and under-bowled, therefore couldn't do much)
Jonny Bairstow - 8
Chris Woakes - 3 (did nothing with the bat, and his style of bowling dosent suit flat pitches)
Adil Rashid - 5 (started the series well with the ball, but always a bad ball round the corner, and is so frustrating to watch)
Zafar Ansari - 3 (Doubt he will play another test)
Stuart Broad - 6
James Anderson - 2 (wasn't fit, just got himself wound up, and didn't really offer much)
Jos Buttler - 4
Gareth Batty - 1 (pointless...not his fault he was selected, only reason he didn't get zero)
Keaton Jennings - 7
Jake Ball - 2 (More effective with bat than ball)
Liam Dawson - 6 (probably won't play another test, but didn't let himself down)

India

Murali Vijay - 6 (2 hundreds, but nothing inbetween)
Gautam Gambhir - 3 (one game, 29 runs, test career surely over..)
Chet Pujara - 9
Virat Kohli - 10
Amit Mishra - 2
Ajinkya Rahane - 1 (63 runs at 12, and India's new vice captain may have to spend time on the sidelines, hard to drop Nair now..)
R.Ashwin - 8
Wriddimahn Saha - 3
Ravi Jadeja - 8.5)
Umesh Yadav - 4
Mohammed Shami - 8
Lokesh Rahul - 9
Jayant Yadav - 10 (surely overtaken Mishra in the pecking order, and arguably a better batsman than Jadeja)
Parthiv Patel - 8 (was stunned when he got called up, but performed really well)
Karun Nair - 10 (only 3 innings, but when is a triple hundred, enough said)
Bhuvi Kumar - 3
Ishant - 7
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Re: England vs India series ratings

Postby rich1uk » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:24 pm

some bizarre ratings there CF

how does javant yadav get a 10 for taking only 9 wickets in 3 games at 30 whilst ashwin gets an 8 for taking 28 wickets and jadeja an 8.5 for 26? i know yadav made a hundred but he was in the team as a bowler and not as if jadeja and ashwin failed with the bat.

rashid gets a lower rating than dawson despite taking 23 wickets ?
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby andy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Jayant gets a 10, because he bowled a lot better than figures suggested, his 100, was class, he is a genuine all-rounder. Rashid gets lower, because he did next to nothing with the bat, bar one innings, when he is a genuine all-rounder, and his wickets were mainly when pressure was off..he offered no control, he started brightly, but faded quickly...Dawson, one game, one half century, and was the pick of the england bowlers in 5th test, got a couple of wickets, and bowled with control.
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby rich1uk » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:39 pm

andy wrote:Jayant gets a 10, because he bowled a lot better than figures suggested, his 100, was class, he is a genuine all-rounder. Rashid gets lower, because he did next to nothing with the bat, bar one innings, when he is a genuine all-rounder, and his wickets were mainly when pressure was off..he offered no control, he started brightly, but faded quickly...Dawson, one game, one half century, and was the pick of the england bowlers in 5th test, got a couple of wickets, and bowled with control.

i watched almost every ball of all 5 games and tbh it sounds like you watched a different series to me

supposedly being the pick of the england bowlers when we conceded 760 runs is relatively meaningless tbh

but they are your ratings, i'll leave you to it
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby bigfluffylemon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20 pm

Ashwin only an 8, while Jadeja gets 8.5 and Nair 10? Really? Nair contributed in one test match. Yes, it was a superb innings, but one innings doesn't make a perfect score for the series.

Ashwin was by far the best bowler on either side.
2022 Big Bash League FL
2023 Women's T20 World Cup FL
bigfluffylemon

Team(s) Supported: England. Australia.
Any team playing good cricket in the right spirit.

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:19 pm

While Rashid struggled at times, he took 23 at 37.

That's the most by any English leg spinner, ever. If your talking about spinners in general, the only right spinner to take more in the same number of Tests is Mallett back in the 60s. In fact, if your talking about spinners taking a similar number of wickets, only Mushtaq and Swann have a decent average in modern times. Warne averaged over 40 in India as did Murali, Qadir averaged nearly 70.

Rashid did bloody well, I really hope England give him the chance to bowl at South Africa and the Windies this summer. He's never going to tie up an end, he attacks.

The negativity over this tour baffles me, as Waugh said India is the final frontier. Out of the modern generation if any of that top order hit form you aren't getting them out. The spinners are all time greats at home. Perspective people, bloody perspective.

Broad also did well, can we actually use a bit of context when thinking about these players. If Jennings and Hameed can do that overseas, it's exciting to think what they can do at home. If Cook hits top gear again we might have the best top order in the game.

Stop with the panning and take a second to realise the India are basically unbeatable at home these days. That's why 2012 was the up there with the top achievements England have ever had,

Strewth, I'm as negative as they come at heart, but I seem to be the only one upbeat about our performance! Australia got mullered by a far weaker Sri Lankan side at home, I never thought we were embarrassed in the same way during this tour,
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Red Devil » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:28 pm

andy wrote:India

Murali Vijay - 6 (2 hundreds, but nothing inbetween)
Gautam Gambhir - 3 (one game, 29 runs, test career surely over..)
Chet Pujara - 9
Virat Kohli - 10
Amit Mishra - 2
Ajinkya Rahane - 1 (63 runs at 12, and India's new vice captain may have to spend time on the sidelines, hard to drop Nair now..)
R.Ashwin - 8
Wriddimahn Saha - 3
Ravi Jadeja - 8.5)
Umesh Yadav - 4
Mohammed Shami - 8
Lokesh Rahul - 9
Jayant Yadav - 10 (surely overtaken Mishra in the pecking order, and arguably a better batsman than Jadeja)
Parthiv Patel - 8 (was stunned when he got called up, but performed really well)
Karun Nair - 10 (only 3 innings, but when is a triple hundred, enough said)
Bhuvi Kumar - 3
Ishant - 7

My india ratings ...

Ashwin - 9
Kohli - 9
Jadeja - 8.5
Shami - 8
LK Rahul - 8
J Yadav - 8
Parthiv - 8
Nair - 8
Pujara - 7.5
Vijay - 7
U Yadav - 6
Saha - 3
Mishra - 3
Rahane - 1
FL Titles
2008 Ban v NZ ODIs India v Aus Tests India v Eng ODIs
2009 NZ v WI Tests NZ v India ODIs SA v Aust ODIs Aus v WI Tests '08/09 Premier League Football
2010 SA v Eng Tests County Championship Div 1 County Championship Div 2 India v NZ Tests SL v WI Tests
2011 CMS Cricinfo World Cup County Championship Div 2
2012 Pak v Eng Tests SL v Ind ODIs County Championship Div 2 Champs League T20
2013 Ind v Aus Tests NZ v Eng T20/ODI NZ v Eng Tests County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 NZ v WI Tests '13/14 Aus v Eng Tests
2014 NZ v Ind ODIs CMS Cricinfo T20 World Cup County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 Aus MB One Day Cup SL v Eng ODIs
2015 CMS Cricinfo ODI World Cup Eng v NZ combined Natwest T20
2016 Big Bash T20 Sheffield Shield Kia Womens T20 Natwest T20 Blast County Fantasy Manager WI v Pak T20/ODI combined Rio Olympics
2017 Womens Big Bash T20 Womens ODI World Cup Eng v WI Tests County Championship Div 1 Eng v WI ODIs Aus JLT One Day Cup Ind v SL Tests NZ v WI Tests Ind v SL T20s
2018 Aus v Eng ODIs Womens Big Bash T20 Trans Tasman T20s Sheffield Shield Pak v WI T20s NZ v Eng Tests Eng v Aus ODIs Royal London County One Day WI v Ban Test/ODI Combined Women's Super League T20 Natwest T20 Blast Caribbean Premier League T20 County Championship Div 1 Women's T20 World Cup '17/18 Premier League Fantasy Football
2019 NZ v SL Test/ODI Combined WI v Eng Tests Big Bash T20 NZ v Ban Tests ICC World Cup Single Wicket Women's Big Bash T20 All Year Fant Comp
2020 Big Bash T20 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI Bob Willis Trophy Natwest T20 Blast Aus v Ind ODI/T20 Combined
2021 Ind v Eng ODIs
Red Junior's Titles
2016 Eng v Pak ODIs (aged 6)
2017 Eng v SA Tests Ind v NZ ODIs
2018 Aus JLT One Day Cup
2019 NZ v Eng T20s Aus Marsh One Day Cup
2020 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI IPL T20
Red Twins Titles
2021 Aus v Ind Tests (aged 7) Ind v Eng T20s
Red Devil

Team(s) Supported: India, Manchester United

Postby Red Devil » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:39 pm

andy wrote:My ratings for the series

England:

Alistair Cook - 5
Haseeb Hameed - 7
Joe Root - 8
Ben Duckett - 3
Moeen Ali - 5 (scored a lot of runs, but continues to frustrate by giving it away, dire with the ball)
Ben Stokes - 6 (only 2 scores of not, and under-bowled, therefore couldn't do much)
Jonny Bairstow - 8
Chris Woakes - 3 (did nothing with the bat, and his style of bowling dosent suit flat pitches)
Adil Rashid - 5 (started the series well with the ball, but always a bad ball round the corner, and is so frustrating to watch)
Zafar Ansari - 3 (Doubt he will play another test)
Stuart Broad - 6
James Anderson - 2 (wasn't fit, just got himself wound up, and didn't really offer much)
Jos Buttler - 4
Gareth Batty - 1 (pointless...not his fault he was selected, only reason he didn't get zero)
Keaton Jennings - 7
Jake Ball - 2 (More effective with bat than ball)
Liam Dawson - 6 (probably won't play another test, but didn't let himself down)

My Eng ratings ...

Root - 7.5
Rashid - 7.5
Bairstow - 7
Hameed - 7
Jennings - 7
Broad - 7
Moeen - 6.5
Stokes - 5.5
Buttler - 5
Cook - 4.5
Duckett - 2
Woakes - 2
Ansari - 2
Anderson - 1.5
Ball - 1
FL Titles
2008 Ban v NZ ODIs India v Aus Tests India v Eng ODIs
2009 NZ v WI Tests NZ v India ODIs SA v Aust ODIs Aus v WI Tests '08/09 Premier League Football
2010 SA v Eng Tests County Championship Div 1 County Championship Div 2 India v NZ Tests SL v WI Tests
2011 CMS Cricinfo World Cup County Championship Div 2
2012 Pak v Eng Tests SL v Ind ODIs County Championship Div 2 Champs League T20
2013 Ind v Aus Tests NZ v Eng T20/ODI NZ v Eng Tests County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 NZ v WI Tests '13/14 Aus v Eng Tests
2014 NZ v Ind ODIs CMS Cricinfo T20 World Cup County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 Aus MB One Day Cup SL v Eng ODIs
2015 CMS Cricinfo ODI World Cup Eng v NZ combined Natwest T20
2016 Big Bash T20 Sheffield Shield Kia Womens T20 Natwest T20 Blast County Fantasy Manager WI v Pak T20/ODI combined Rio Olympics
2017 Womens Big Bash T20 Womens ODI World Cup Eng v WI Tests County Championship Div 1 Eng v WI ODIs Aus JLT One Day Cup Ind v SL Tests NZ v WI Tests Ind v SL T20s
2018 Aus v Eng ODIs Womens Big Bash T20 Trans Tasman T20s Sheffield Shield Pak v WI T20s NZ v Eng Tests Eng v Aus ODIs Royal London County One Day WI v Ban Test/ODI Combined Women's Super League T20 Natwest T20 Blast Caribbean Premier League T20 County Championship Div 1 Women's T20 World Cup '17/18 Premier League Fantasy Football
2019 NZ v SL Test/ODI Combined WI v Eng Tests Big Bash T20 NZ v Ban Tests ICC World Cup Single Wicket Women's Big Bash T20 All Year Fant Comp
2020 Big Bash T20 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI Bob Willis Trophy Natwest T20 Blast Aus v Ind ODI/T20 Combined
2021 Ind v Eng ODIs
Red Junior's Titles
2016 Eng v Pak ODIs (aged 6)
2017 Eng v SA Tests Ind v NZ ODIs
2018 Aus JLT One Day Cup
2019 NZ v Eng T20s Aus Marsh One Day Cup
2020 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI IPL T20
Red Twins Titles
2021 Aus v Ind Tests (aged 7) Ind v Eng T20s
Red Devil

Team(s) Supported: India, Manchester United

Postby Dilbert » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:36 pm

PArthiv batted well but didnt keep well. Dont think he deserves such a high rating.
2012 IPL prediction guru
2012 World T20 champs prediction guru
2012-13 India-Pakistan LO prediction guru
2013 SA vs Pakistan Tests prediction guru
2016 World T20 champs prediction guru
Dilbert

Team(s) Supported: India all the way !

Return to International Cricket