India's Champions Trophy Team

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: India's Champions Trophy Team

Postby The Professor » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:27 am

365notout wrote:Why was Uthappa dropped by India?

Another good knock for Delhi. If India are sending a weakened team is a recall out of the question?
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby sussexpob » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:41 am

365notout wrote:

Another good knock for Delhi. If India are sending a weakened team is a recall out of the question?

I think he only really had a use as a late order pinch hitter, when sent in up the order he looked like an amateur. As Bhav says, had no technique against the newer ball, and its not like he had no chances. His career has already had a second if not third chance.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby sussexpob » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:49 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:The secretary and ceo pick the squad?

yuppie wrote:Operational reasons? :hmmm

One of the Indian lads might correct me, but I believe as part of the Lodhi recommendations the selection team composition was changed to include the BCCI secretary as part of the committee, or at least the person who chairs the selection committee and pools the votes.

The BCCI currently cant legally take any indpendant decision making, and especially the top ranked guys have to defer decisions for approval from the COA as per the court appointments, so essentially in order for the secretary to call a selection meeting, they first must have approval from the COA and have someone attend to approve anything that is decided.

So I can buy this operational reason argument. Mind, the BCCI are increasingly sticking two fingers up at the COA and seem to think they have the power over the Indian Supreme court ruling to do what they want, so the next 12 months should be interesting. Might see another court case where the BCCI authority posts are all cleared out for ignoring the Indian court, or some other punishment.

My understanding is, which is widely reported, the BCCI want to pull out the Champions Trophy, the COA will not allow it. So the BCCI arent only struggling for power with the ICC, but even their court appointed administrators.

Basically its a mess. And even picking squads is becoming an impossible task.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:05 am

That sounds a complicated system.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:11 am

TBH even the BCCI don't want to pull out, last time I heard it was 50-50 between BCCI members, they can't really afford to pay the legal expenses of a pull out, although they happy to send a weaken team to it.
Even COA don't know what is happening till may 7th BCCI special meeting on the matter.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 420345.cms
Rai refused to answer whether COA will overrule SGM decision if they decide to pull-out of Champions Trophy.
Asked if COA and eligible BCCI officials are on the same page on this matter, he quipped:"We are 100 percent on the same page. As you know, they had an SGM before they went to the ICC meeting. The next day, I invited them to talk to us and we discussed in detail what they had decided, what we had negotiated. After all they are the office bearers, they need to represent BCCI, so they represented BCCI in the ICC."

issue is that even COA in this regard thinks BCCI got a point in expecting more money although they would have taken the extra 100M and not start a fight with everyone.

So not really sure what COA will do in this regard, probably have to wait till BCCI does something.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby sussexpob » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:16 am

My understanding in recent reports though is that the BCCI werent even inviting the COA to the SGM meeting as required. The COA representation is basically turning up uninvited despite a legal requirement to be there, and that the BCCI SGM cant actually decide anything without its authority. Ie, the BCCI are sticking two fingers up at it. Considering the Lodha commision was tackling exactly this sort of bandit behaviour, I wonder what repercussions that can have in the long run.

Also doesnt help that, by all accounts, the BCCI have sent six different people to represent them at six different meetings. It seems everyday someone else random turns up and is the boss, or turns up with no authority to make a decision and lays down like the big cheese.

Its basically a frigging mess.

sussexpob

Postby meninblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 am

No way BCCI will want to pull out of World level tournament. If they do so and tournament happens it will be a slap on face of BCCI that even without Team India, cricket tournaments can take place. Top 3 members ECB and CA will also use the rift to lessen BCCI importance and vote for ICC.

Also sending weak team is not an option. The broadcasting rights within India also depend upon how good the team is doing. There is lot of stake as money is backbone and most important for power of BCCI or any other cricketing body and BCCI will hence imo never do anything which will hurt its backbone.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:11 am

TBH the point of sending a weaken team is to reduce the value of the broadcast deal/sponsors of the event so the other full members feel the effect of voting against BCCI.
plus the money loss to BCCI is peanuts compared to the Sponsers and media deals BCCI has for IPL and bilateral games.
so it could afford a loss for one tournament.
ICC got more to lose with a weaken team, than BCCI does.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:27 am

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/cont ... 95316.html
Choudhary thinks COA has no say on the matter of india pulling out.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby meninblue » Mon May 01, 2017 5:16 am

Robin was nowhere near the class of Dhoni. Robin's keeping is still below average. There are better wicket keepers we have. Dhoni, Saha, Parthiv, Dinesh Karthik. As far as his batting was concerned he was not good in that as well. It in only in IPL and Ranji that he was making runs but his technique was not there. About 3 years back, Pravin Amre, a former India test match player who played few tests, started coaching Robin and then there is improvement and he plays a lot more in the V now than he used to before. Even now we cannot afford Robin as keeper even in ODI or T20. He misses the simplest of stumping and he has not worked on that even though this flaw was noticed even 5 years back.
Last edited by meninblue on Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Mon May 01, 2017 5:21 am

bhaveshgor wrote:TBH the point of sending a weaken team is to reduce the value of the broadcast deal/sponsors of the event so the other full members feel the effect of voting against BCCI.
plus the money loss to BCCI is peanuts compared to the Sponsers and media deals BCCI has for IPL and bilateral games.
so it could afford a loss for one tournament.
ICC got more to lose with a weaken team, than BCCI does.

Rohit, Shikhar, Virat, Dhoni, Yuvi, Raina, Kedar will be there in the squad if fit. Team India will not drop these players unless unfit.
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon May 01, 2017 10:25 am

Adi wrote:

Robin was nowhere near the class of Dhoni. Robin's keeping is still below average. There are better wicket keepers we have. Dhoni, Saha, Parthiv, Dinesh Karthik. As far as his batting was concerned he was not good in that as well. It in only in IPL and Ranji that he was making runs but his technique was not there. About 3 years back, Pravin Amre, a former India test match player who played few tests, started coaching Robin and then there is improvement and he plays a lot more in the V now than he used to before. Even now we cannot afford Robin as keeper even in ODI or T20. He misses the simplest of stumping and he has not worked on that even though this flaw was noticed even 5 years back.

TBH Uthappa isn't a keeper, he is only keeping because of T20 games, just like Rayudu isn't a keeper either.
I have no idea why Uthappa think he is a keeper though as well, he was always a batsman, it was crazy for him to think he has a chance to replace dhoni and start keeping more for Karnataka.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby andy » Mon May 01, 2017 12:50 pm

I'd go with:

1.Rahane
2.Dhawan
3.Kohli
4.Manish
5.Dhoni (wk)
6.Kedhar
7.Jadeja
8.Ashwin
9.Bhuvi
10.Shami
11.Umesh
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby meninblue » Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
Adi wrote:

TBH Uthappa isn't a keeper, he is only keeping because of T20 games, just like Rayudu isn't a keeper either.
I have no idea why Uthappa think he is a keeper though as well, he was always a batsman, it was crazy for him to think he has a chance to replace dhoni and start keeping more for Karnataka.

Robin Uthappa keeping is so bad that he is not even the preferred keeper in Ranji level or other tournaments. He has to get in the Indian team as a pure batsman. But who will he replace. There have been better ODI batters than him and when he got chances he did not grab it. One way to make a comeback is get in T20 tournament on back of this excellent IPL 2017 and then make way into the ODI team again.
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Mon May 01, 2017 1:20 pm

andy wrote:I'd go with:

1.Rahane
2.Dhawan
3.Kohli
4.Manish
5.Dhoni (wk)
6.Kedhar
7.Jadeja
8.Ashwin
9.Bhuvi
10.Shami
11.Umesh

imo Rohit will be there alongside Shikhar. Ajinkya as backup opener. Hardik Pandya may also get in the playing 11. Jasprit Bumrah too.
meninblue

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket