Some thoughts on Bazball

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Some thoughts on Bazball

Postby meninblue » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:50 pm

meninblue wrote:This Bazball is a topic of discussion in media before this series started. One part of discussion being whether England would change approach and other being whether it would work in India or not if England stick to it.

This is getting borderline now. Saying borderline because i am giving benefit of doubt to England as they lost the tests in which they lost the tests. If England win toss in next test and still lose then i would be certain to say this Bazball approach hasn't worked. Wait and watch. However, imo if you can only bat 40 to 70 overs in test innings, it (approach) certainly needs to be reviewed strongly atleast.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:21 pm

meninblue wrote:
meninblue wrote:This Bazball is a topic of discussion in media before this series started. One part of discussion being whether England would change approach and other being whether it would work in India or not if England stick to it.

This is getting borderline now. Saying borderline because i am giving benefit of doubt to England as they lost the tests in which they lost the tests. If England win toss in next test and still lose then i would be certain to say this Bazball approach hasn't worked. Wait and watch. However, imo if you can only bat 40 to 70 overs in test innings, it (approach) certainly needs to be reviewed strongly atleast.

First test series loss for Ben as captain. Most anticipated Bazball would not stand much in these conditions and so it has turned out to be as England have posted ODI type of totals in most innings. But i think in countries where 250 or 300 is acceptable score this Bazball approach will work well again.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:13 pm

I think BigMac is also making some weird claims. He said they will chase 600 :coat They are making the players think they are super humans..score 600 in India batting second :hmmm and in trying to cope with what comments captain and coach are giving to media they are throwing wickets and not even managing 600 in two innings, let alone one. Should be slightly realistic...Okay say 300 chaseable here is a chance, although even that is very tough, but giving figure of 600 to media is too much.
meninblue

Previous

Return to International Cricket