The cricket request and query thread

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: The cricket request and query thread

Postby Alviro Patterson » Mon May 17, 2010 2:44 am

What was Mark Butchers squad number for Surrey County Cricket Club last year?
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby sussexpob » Sat May 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Does anyone know of a link to the ball that Michael Vaughan clean bowled Sachin Tendulkar with at Trent Bridge 2002?
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby neutr4lindy » Sat May 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Anyone with a link to the 2007 WC semis : Aus vs SA ?? Want to see the Saffie collapse again :laugh
neutr4lindy

Team(s) Supported: Indian Cricket

Postby Stroller95 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 am

Could someone direct me to the test where Strauss batted on and on and made crocked Freddie bat, please? One of the away matches aginst the Windies, wasn't it? Flintoff got himself out for a duck.
Stroller95

Team(s) Supported: Australia, NSW Blues, Penrith Panthers NRL.

Postby man_in_beige » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:50 am

Stroller95 wrote:Could someone direct me to the test where Strauss batted on and on and made crocked Freddie bat, please? One of the away matches aginst the Windies, wasn't it? Flintoff got himself out for a duck.

Is this the one Stroller?
http://www.cricinfo.com/wiveng2009/engine/match/390680.html

Strauss batting on and on - check
Crocked Flintoff - check
Away against the Windies - check
Flintoff got a duck - check and check
man_in_beige

Team(s) Supported: New Zealand, Scotland, Wellington

Postby Stroller95 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm

That's the one, cheers! After they abandoned the test beach cricket experiment, of course!

I was pretty much horrified by that test. Flintoff bowled himself into the gound, and then Strauss made them bat on and on. Freddie hobbled out to bat, tried a couple, then tossed one up to mid-on or something.
Stroller95

Team(s) Supported: Australia, NSW Blues, Penrith Panthers NRL.

Postby bazinga » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:05 pm

neutr4lindy wrote:sportbloggeradi , here is the video of the MCC XI v Rest of the World XI match where tendulkar hits a ton

http://cricketvideosplugged.blogspot.co ... /test.html

You made my day. Perhaps even my week. Thanks lindy.
bazinga

Postby meninblue » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:59 am

sussexpob wrote:Does anyone know of a link to the ball that Michael Vaughan clean bowled Sachin Tendulkar with at Trent Bridge 2002?

Wanted to see that wicket as well. How could Sachin get clean bowled to Vaughan :Nooooo
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby bazinga » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:18 pm

sportbloggeradi wrote:
Wanted to see that wicket as well. How could Sachin get clean bowled to Vaughan :Nooooo

I can remember it really well. Sachin was bowled straight through the gate - the sort of stuff that would have made Murali proud. Sachin does have a history of getting out to debutants or occasional bowlers.
bazinga

Postby sussexpob » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:20 am

sportbloggeradi wrote:
sussexpob wrote:Does anyone know of a link to the ball that Michael Vaughan clean bowled Sachin Tendulkar with at Trent Bridge 2002?

If that had been Shane Warne bowling, it would make any 2mins youtube compilation of his finest wickets..... no doubt many of the worlds best batters would have ended in the hutch after that, it gripped and ripped through Sachs defences.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby keshto » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Is Sachin falling to debutants not a myth? I mean of course he does fall to debutants but statistically he is bound to fall to them as he has played the most number of innings ever in International cricket. On an average does he fall more to debutants than other batsmen?

Maybe it's a fact but I wonder. He has fallen quite a lot of times to Anderson I believe. Anyway doesn't really matter does it?
"Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve."
George Bernard Shaw
keshto

Postby bazinga » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:44 pm

keshto wrote:On an average does he fall more to debutants than other batsmen?

Maybe it's a fact but I wonder. He has fallen quite a lot of times to Anderson I believe. Anyway doesn't really matter does it?

Its not a myth. He's fallen the most number of times to debutants. He's fallen to Anderson a few times while creaming Flintoff at his peak. He's dismissed Akram, Waqar and Shoaib several times while repeatedly falling to Abdul Razzak and most recently he was Peter George's maiden international wicket. By his own confession, he wasmost concerned about Hansie Cronje and has rated him as the bowler who has troubled him the most.
bazinga

Postby keshto » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:48 pm

Yes of course he has fallen the most number of times to debutant, he must be the player who has lost his wicket the most as he has played the most innings. What I would like to know is : is the percentage of his wickets falling to debutants higher than the others?
"Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve."
George Bernard Shaw
keshto

Postby Dimi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:15 pm

greyblazer wrote:Mark Waugh hitting Vettori for a six at Perth in 1997/98? The video was there sometime ago on you tube but seems to have vanished. It is one of the greatest shots I have seen.

Was uploaded about 2 weeks ago:

Dimi

Postby keshto » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:56 am

I am trying to find ranji trophies previous records (best batting/bowling/etc) and can't seem to find it on cricinfo. Can anyone tell me if there is something like this existing for Indian Domestic cricket?

Thanks!
George Bernard Shaw
keshto

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket