Spot Fixing?

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby braveneutral » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:46 am

GarlicJam wrote:The line was drawn at 'no contracted player is allowed to gamble on ANY cricket match'.

A zero tolerance policy here causes no harm to anyone, disadvantages no-one, and makes everything crystal clear, with no doubt whatsoever.

If we heard that this was CA's policy before knowing about this incident, most of us would have thought, fair enough.

It was the known policy before she placed the bets. The fact that she had no sway on the outcome or any prior knowledge cannot be considered. I agree it is harsh, but necessarily so.

ECB has the same policy for players and officials I think.

A bit of a difficult thing given the 'rights issue' however they have all got it in their contracts I assume so can't complain much.
Asia Cup 2012 guru
SA vs Oz 2011 combined guru
SA vs Bangladesh Tests guru
NZ vs WI Tests guru
2014 French Open guru
T20 Blast 2014 guru
India vs WI ODIs 2014 guru
2016 French Open guru
2016 Wimbledon guru
2016 RL50 Cup guru
Premier League Final Placings Prediction League 2016/7 guru
England v SA ODIs 2017 guru
Guru.

D/L wrote:Words fail me for once.


17/04/17 - 'The day that history was made'

20/04/17 - Better than Bolt.
User avatar
braveneutral
 
Posts: 20716
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: In between the hemispheres
Team(s) Supported: Northants amongst others.

I suppose.

At times.

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby dan08 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:04 am

Hong Kong all-rounder Irfan Ahmed is set to be banned.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
User avatar
dan08
 
Posts: 19262
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: London
Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby captaincolly » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:41 am

I see a name has appeared online in connection with the alleged fixing in the SA Ram Slam competition. The Times today did not name him but reported he was " not a household name." That's certainly true because I have never heard of the indvidual supposedly at the centre of the allegations.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25460
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby dan08 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:32 pm

captaincolly wrote:I see a name has appeared online in connection with the alleged fixing in the SA Ram Slam competition. The Times today did not name him but reported he was " not a household name." That's certainly true because I have never heard of the indvidual supposedly at the centre of the allegations.

Gulam Bodi has played in quite a few Champions Leagues for Highveld Lions. Also played for SA a couple of times many years ago.

He was also apparently the player that kept KP out of the Natal team and forced him to move to England.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
User avatar
dan08
 
Posts: 19262
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: London
Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby captaincolly » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:54 pm

dan08 wrote:
captaincolly wrote:I see a name has appeared online in connection with the alleged fixing in the SA Ram Slam competition. The Times today did not name him but reported he was " not a household name." That's certainly true because I have never heard of the indvidual supposedly at the centre of the allegations.

Gulam Bodi has played in quite a few Champions Leagues for Highveld Lions. Also played for SA a couple of times many years ago.

He was also apparently the player that kept KP out of the Natal team and forced him to move to England.

Thanks. I wasn't familiar with the name but it does ring a distant bell now you mention KP.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25460
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby m@tt » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Daily Mail saying that two Test players have now been implicated in the same case, albeit none playing in the current series.

There are two former Test players in the Lions team that Bodi played for, though neither have played for years, and various other scattered around the franchises.
Andy Flower wrote:This is going to test my coaching expertise. This is the worst case I've ever seen.
User avatar
m@tt
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 pm
Team(s) Supported: .
England and Warwickshire.

Also tend to follow any former/current/prospective England players.

606 Username: matt_h88

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby braveneutral » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:10 pm

m@tt wrote:Daily Mail saying that two Test players have now been implicated in the same case, albeit none playing in the current series.

There are two former Test players in the Lions team that Bodi played for, though neither have played for years, and various other scattered around the franchises.

Have they named them?
Asia Cup 2012 guru
SA vs Oz 2011 combined guru
SA vs Bangladesh Tests guru
NZ vs WI Tests guru
2014 French Open guru
T20 Blast 2014 guru
India vs WI ODIs 2014 guru
2016 French Open guru
2016 Wimbledon guru
2016 RL50 Cup guru
Premier League Final Placings Prediction League 2016/7 guru
England v SA ODIs 2017 guru
Guru.

D/L wrote:Words fail me for once.


17/04/17 - 'The day that history was made'

20/04/17 - Better than Bolt.
User avatar
braveneutral
 
Posts: 20716
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: In between the hemispheres
Team(s) Supported: Northants amongst others.

I suppose.

At times.

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby KipperJohn » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Just about every other advert on Sky Sports, not to mention their app, is for the promotion of betting - and it's promoted by the likes of Botham, Swann, Blowers just to name a few.

The loosening of the gambling laws in this country has set a poor example and gets people into needless debt, the consequences of which can be dire.

I'm not opposed to the occasional flutter but betting on just about anything in sport, whilst in play as well, has become institutionalised.

You reap as you sow.
'Courage is grace under pressure' - Hemingway.
KipperJohn
 
Posts: 2506
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby Dr Cricket » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:52 pm

KipperJohn wrote:Just about every other advert on Sky Sports, not to mention their app, is for the promotion of betting - and it's promoted by the likes of Botham, Swann, Blowers just to name a few.

The loosening of the gambling laws in this country has set a poor example and gets people into needless debt, the consequences of which can be dire.

I'm not opposed to the occasional flutter but betting on just about anything in sport, whilst in play as well, has become institutionalised.

You reap as you sow.

agree also it makes it so much easier for players to match fix/spot fix.
any of the players can tell someone I will be scoring this many runs in this over, etc and a lot of the time players won't be caught because it is impossible to catch them especially if they just told family members what is happening.

remember Haye telling the media that he told his family at which round he will finish audrey Harrison off.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9189389.stm
he got away with it but in my eyes that basically Spot fixing.
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru
2015 Prem final placings prediction guru
2016 Prem final placings prediction guru
2016 open golf prediction guru

2016/17 Australia vs india fantasy league
2017 WI vs England odi guru
Dr Cricket
 
Posts: 9283
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 am
Location: UK London
Team(s) Supported: India

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby Durhamfootman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:55 am

I see Hafeez did play in the same team as Amir (Aamer) despite all his posturing
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 36309
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:02 am

Durhamfootman wrote:I see Hafeez did play in the same team as Amir (Aamer) despite all his posturing

believe the PCB told the players you play or you get out of the team.
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru
2015 Prem final placings prediction guru
2016 Prem final placings prediction guru
2016 open golf prediction guru

2016/17 Australia vs india fantasy league
2017 WI vs England odi guru
Dr Cricket
 
Posts: 9283
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 am
Location: UK London
Team(s) Supported: India

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby Durhamfootman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:23 pm

that's what principles are for
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 36309
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby dan08 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:25 pm

m@tt wrote:Daily Mail saying that two Test players have now been implicated in the same case, albeit none playing in the current series.

There are two former Test players in the Lions team that Bodi played for, though neither have played for years, and various other scattered around the franchises.

Thami Tsolekile is one of those being investigated.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
User avatar
dan08
 
Posts: 19262
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: London
Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby m@tt » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:03 pm

braveneutral wrote:
m@tt wrote:Daily Mail saying that two Test players have now been implicated in the same case, albeit none playing in the current series.

There are two former Test players in the Lions team that Bodi played for, though neither have played for years, and various other scattered around the franchises.

Have they named them?


Didn't feel it was right to name those players, as it would have been pure speculation based only on the fact they were teammates of Bodi, but Tsolekile was one of the two players and he has now been named. The second will probably be named soon.
Andy Flower wrote:This is going to test my coaching expertise. This is the worst case I've ever seen.
User avatar
m@tt
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 pm
Team(s) Supported: .
England and Warwickshire.

Also tend to follow any former/current/prospective England players.

606 Username: matt_h88

Re: Spot Fixing?

Postby braveneutral » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:38 am

m@tt wrote:
braveneutral wrote:
m@tt wrote:Daily Mail saying that two Test players have now been implicated in the same case, albeit none playing in the current series.

There are two former Test players in the Lions team that Bodi played for, though neither have played for years, and various other scattered around the franchises.

Have they named them?


Didn't feel it was right to name those players, as it would have been pure speculation based only on the fact they were teammates of Bodi, but Tsolekile was one of the two players and he has now been named. The second will probably be named soon.

There seems to be a never ending line of corruption stories coming from across all sports recently.
Asia Cup 2012 guru
SA vs Oz 2011 combined guru
SA vs Bangladesh Tests guru
NZ vs WI Tests guru
2014 French Open guru
T20 Blast 2014 guru
India vs WI ODIs 2014 guru
2016 French Open guru
2016 Wimbledon guru
2016 RL50 Cup guru
Premier League Final Placings Prediction League 2016/7 guru
England v SA ODIs 2017 guru
Guru.

D/L wrote:Words fail me for once.


17/04/17 - 'The day that history was made'

20/04/17 - Better than Bolt.
User avatar
braveneutral
 
Posts: 20716
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: In between the hemispheres
Team(s) Supported: Northants amongst others.

I suppose.

At times.

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests