Who's your favourite commentator?

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Who's your favourite commentator?

Postby rich1uk » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:46 pm

i dont read twitter at all tbh , i have little enough of a life as it is with forums
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Fans of the macabre, I offer you Jack Bannister and Chris Cowdrey on commercial radio.

Jackman is a particularly unpleasant commentating low as well.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Kim » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:06 pm

I like the way Bannsiter commentates on away tours from his front room at home, but pretends he is there
The Kookaburra Man
Kim

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:50 pm

I was going to say that anyone looking for a little schadenfreude boost, listen to Jackman commentating on a South Africa defeat.

But they won. Damn.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Stroller95 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Mildred Plotka wrote:I was going to say that anyone looking for a little schadenfreude boost, listen to Jackman commentating on a South Africa defeat.

But they won. Damn.

Haha involuntary coffee spit
Stroller95

Team(s) Supported: Australia, NSW Blues, Penrith Panthers NRL.

Postby shankycricket » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Even Harsha is defending Nass' donkey comment on twitter. :salute
Read his tweet @bhogleharsha.
He tweeted regarding it yesterday.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby mikesiva » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:17 am

England's_No7 wrote:Best: Jeremy Coney, David Lloyd, Nasser Hussain, Robin Jackman

Worst: Mike Haysman, Russell Arnold, Mark Nicholas, Laxman Sivaramakrishnan.

Actually, I think Russell Arnold's improved tremendously....

IMHO, he's the best commentator in the current Pakistan-SL series.
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru
2014 Eng-SL combined fantasy guru
2014 chess mini-tournament guru
2017 Australian Open tennis guru
mikesiva

Team(s) Supported: First - West Indies
Joint Second - England, Sri Lanka

Postby SaintPowelly » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:15 am

I've always liked Ian Smith, shame he doesnt do any neutral games.
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Postby dan08 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:14 pm

mikesiva wrote:
England's_No7 wrote:Best: Jeremy Coney, David Lloyd, Nasser Hussain, Robin Jackman

Worst: Mike Haysman, Russell Arnold, Mark Nicholas, Laxman Sivaramakrishnan.

Actually, I think Russell Arnold's improved tremendously....

IMHO, he's the best commentator in the current Pakistan-SL series.

He has improved of late but i just don't find him interesting. I could fall asleep with him commentating, he never gets excited even when there is a wicket! Same with Laxman Sivar...........
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby meninblue » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Some commies are saying that the batsman need to watch the ball before and after the release to sight the shiny side and get some idea about the movement. Well, i don't know if they ever actually sighted it or just saying . I don't have spectacles, and have tried it in nets even against lesser paced bowlers like 125kph - 130 kph and it is impossible to sight the threading or the shine . I have tried this while playing with the red season balls.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Alviro Patterson » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 pm

clubcricketeradi wrote:Some commies are saying that the batsman need to watch the ball before and after the release to sight the shiny side and get some idea about the movement. Well, i don't know if they ever actually sighted it or just saying . I don't have spectacles, and have tried it in nets even against lesser paced bowlers like 125kph - 130 kph and it is impossible to sight the threading or the shine . I have tried this while playing with the red season balls.

Commentators talking rubbish, ball reaches from bowler to batsman in less than 0.5 seconds so they don't have time to sight anything in detail then play the correct shot. Some batsmen purely rely on instinct to play their shots if anything else.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby meninblue » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Alviro Patterson wrote:
clubcricketeradi wrote:Some commies are saying that the batsman need to watch the ball before and after the release to sight the shiny side and get some idea about the movement. Well, i don't know if they ever actually sighted it or just saying . I don't have spectacles, and have tried it in nets even against lesser paced bowlers like 125kph - 130 kph and it is impossible to sight the threading or the shine . I have tried this while playing with the red season balls.

Commentators talking rubbish, ball reaches from bowler to batsman in less than 0.5 seconds so they don't have time to sight anything in detail then play the correct shot. Some batsmen purely rely on instinct to play their shots if anything else.

I would really like to know if some one else apart from commies can spot the thread or shiny side even at spinners speeds. Since i have actually tried it , i agree that they are just talking whatever they want and probably think they can fool the viewers . Has anyone else here who has played proper cricket, been able to sight the threading or the shine, even at spinners bowling speed. :?:
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Gingerfinch » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:49 pm

clubcricketeradi wrote:
Alviro Patterson wrote:

I would really like to know if some one else apart from commies can spot the thread or shiny side even at spinners speeds. Since i have actually tried it , i agree that they are just talking whatever they want and probably think they can fool the viewers . Has anyone else here who has played proper cricket, been able to sight the threading or the shine, even at spinners bowling speed. :?:

I can barely see the ball :?
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby meninblue » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Dr Robert wrote:
clubcricketeradi wrote:
Alviro Patterson wrote:

I can barely see the ball :?

:roll:
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Presumably the bowlers think you can see the shine as they hide the ball or rotate it in their hands before delivery.
Arthur Crabtree

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket