I'm an Oz cricketer, get me to a hospital!

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: I'm an Oz cricketer, get me to a hospital!

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:04 am

I saw John Hastings limping around on the sidelines of the MCG last night. I don't see him returning to action anytime soon.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby shankycricket » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:05 am

from_the_stands wrote:I saw John Hastings limping around on the sidelines of the MCG last night. I don't see him returning to action anytime soon.

Thats not necessarily a bad thing tbh.

Seriously though, Jackson Bird could be in for a Test debut by the end of the summer at this rate.
:?
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:07 am

shankycricket wrote:
from_the_stands wrote:I saw John Hastings limping around on the sidelines of the MCG last night. I don't see him returning to action anytime soon.

Thats not necessarily a bad thing tbh.

Seriously though, Jackson Bird could be in for a Test debut by the end of the summer at this rate.
:?

I'm surprised Jackson Bird hasn't had a run already. He's the leading wicket taker in the Sheffield Shield. Unless he breaks down himself, I'm expecting him to feature for the baggygreen in 2013 at some point... hopefully...
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby from_the_stands » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:41 am

With Michael Clarke injured, Twatto is in line to lead the Aussies for the Boxing Day Test. :facepalm It's a hamstring injury, which could keep him out for the rest of the series. And Ben Hilfenhaus looks certain to miss the Boxing Day Test with his injury.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby shankycricket » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 am

:panic :panic :panic :panic :panic :panic
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby PardonWonTheCup » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:01 pm

On another blog, someone put up a link to a wonderful bowling line-up in 1997 against India. Two of the bowlers were so far away from first picks it was laughable. I shall steal it just show that glass back/side/leg bowlers are hardly new for Aus.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/c ... 63795.html

Warney copping a right spanking as well while Ganguly was scything through the Aussies in the first innings. Take that!
But men must know, that in this theatre of man's life it is reserved only for Gods and angels to be lookers on.
Francis Bacon
PardonWonTheCup

Team(s) Supported: Australian cricket team.

Postby from_the_stands » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:18 pm

PardonWonTheCup wrote:On another blog, someone put up a link to a wonderful bowling line-up in 1997 against India. Two of the bowlers were so far away from first picks it was laughable. I shall steal it just show that glass back/side/leg bowlers are hardly new for Aus.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/c ... 63795.html

Warney copping a right spanking as well while Ganguly was scything through the Aussies in the first innings. Take that!

Paul Wilson was absolutely one of the worst bowlers ever to put on a baggygreen. He's now an umpire.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby from_the_stands » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:51 am

So Twatto is injured again. :sleep

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby from_the_stands » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:41 am

Mitchell Starc is out with a calf injury, and may miss the rest of the Sri Lanka series.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby greyblazer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:35 am

I think I remember that game in '98. Wilson must have got injured. Adam Dale also must have played in that series. Robertson? compared to some present day spinners from Australia, he wasn't that bad ;)

It tells you, compared to Punter and Waugh, Taylor didn't always have good attacks to play with. Simon Cook played in a few tests. In '95 in WI, Oz went in with Julian, Reiffel and a greenhorn called McGrath. Angel played a few tests and he was a greenhorn then. In '96 in India, they went in with McIntyre and Brad Hogg on a rank turner. Both were playing their first game. In SA, Taylor gambled with Bevan as a front-line spinner, as he thought SA can't play wrist spin. It worked for him. There was also a test in England, when Shaun Young played. Maybe it was in the '97 Ashes series.
England-WI prediction guru
SL vs Pak prediction guru
US Open 2009 prediction guru
Champions Trophy prediction guru
2010 IPL prediction guru
footy World Cup prediction guru
2013 India vs England ODIs prediction guru
greyblazer

Postby andy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 pm

from_the_stands wrote:Mitchell Starc is out with a calf injury, and may miss the rest of the Sri Lanka series.

im suprised they called up Kane Richardson to replace him to be honest..
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:38 am

cricketfan90 wrote:
from_the_stands wrote:Mitchell Starc is out with a calf injury, and may miss the rest of the Sri Lanka series.

im suprised they called up Kane Richardson to replace him to be honest..

I'm not. He's having a pretty good domestic summer, and will be playing on his home ground.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby dan08 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 am

Haddin has gone off with a pulled hamstring. Hughes will keep wicket for the rest of the ODI.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 am

England's_No7 wrote:Haddin has gone off with a pulled hamstring. Hughes will keep wicket for the rest of the ODI.

I guess Matthew Wade will come back in for game 3. Phil Hughes has done a decent job, though.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:21 am

Shame for Haddin, hope he can get back for the third ODI.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket