All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:well done to him. Might be different up here in April, but we can hope

Yes but equally he'll not be up against a top class attack like that Aussie one on what was not an easy wicket. Nor is he a novice to England as he was here last year early season with S. Africa A averaging just under 40. He comes with recommendations from Benks and Ottis both of whom are fully aware of early season conditions at the Riverside.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5910
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:09 pm

5 weeks until season starts and no mention of preseason plans. Must be climbing mountains again.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5910
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:43 am

Stokes trial date set for August 6th - the week of the test match at Lords v India. According to cricinfo the trial is likely to last between 5 and 7 days. So the whole saga should be over mid-August - although if the verdict is guilty there may well be some community service to do!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25296
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Ben trying to be polite.
"The dry nature of proceedings was alleviated briefly when Stokes responded to the formal introduction to His Honour Judge Blair QC, The Recorder of Bristol, by replying "Hi, Judge".
westoelad
 
Posts: 5910
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:26 pm

westoelad wrote:Ben trying to be polite.
"The dry nature of proceedings was alleviated briefly when Stokes responded to the formal introduction to His Honour Judge Blair QC, The Recorder of Bristol, by replying "Hi, Judge".

:lol:
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25296
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:33 pm

I couldn't find any related tweets but this message from Carse suggests we won't be seeing him on the field for a while:

Thanks for all the messages. Seen specialist today regarding my knee. Having it trimmed up hopefully this week. Looking forward to starting my rehabilitation. Just another set back to overcome. Cannot wait to be back on the cricket field.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25296
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:45 pm

And I see Paul Coughlin is likely to miss the start of the season for Notts after dislocating a shoulder playing for the Lions.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25296
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:05 pm

captaincolly wrote:And I see Paul Coughlin is likely to miss the start of the season for Notts after dislocating a shoulder playing for the Lions.

If Colly gets one of these jobs wonder if Coggers qill want to move back to Durham?http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43373702
westoelad
 
Posts: 5910
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:02 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:And I see Paul Coughlin is likely to miss the start of the season for Notts after dislocating a shoulder playing for the Lions.

If Colly gets one of these jobs wonder if Coggers qill want to move back to Durham?http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43373702

:lol: He would be an ideal candidate as a current player who surely will be an excellent judge of ability, temperament , potential etc.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25296
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:07 pm

captaincolly wrote:I couldn't find any related tweets but this message from Carse suggests we won't be seeing him on the field for a while:

Thanks for all the messages. Seen specialist today regarding my knee. Having it trimmed up hopefully this week. Looking forward to starting my rehabilitation. Just another set back to overcome. Cannot wait to be back on the cricket field.

This injury just shows how thin our squad is. Not counting the considerable number who are contracted to their country I reckon we have only 13 contracted players, 4 of whom, Coughlin, Harte, Harding and Trevaskis, have only nominal 1st class experience.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5910
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:21 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:I couldn't find any related tweets but this message from Carse suggests we won't be seeing him on the field for a while:

Thanks for all the messages. Seen specialist today regarding my knee. Having it trimmed up hopefully this week. Looking forward to starting my rehabilitation. Just another set back to overcome. Cannot wait to be back on the cricket field.

This injury just shows how thin our squad is. Not counting the considerable number who are contracted to their country I reckon we have only 13 contracted players, 4 of whom, Coughlin, Harte, Harding and Trevaskis, have only nominal 1st class experience.

A big concern especially as there are more than a few in the squad who seen to be injury prone-not sure if Potts is expected to be fit for the start of the season either.
A small squad must also increase the chances of further injuries because there will be less squad rotation.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25296
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:14 pm

http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news-and-med ... ne-return/
They have organised some pre-season games including a 2 day fixture against Yorkshire at the Riverside.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25296
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:58 pm

captaincolly wrote:http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news-and-media/lewis-focused-division-one-return/
They have organised some pre-season games including a 2 day fixture against Yorkshire at the Riverside.

1st game starts March 27th at Merchant Taylor School providing we can find eleven fit and available players.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5910
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news-and-media/lewis-focused-division-one-return/
They have organised some pre-season games including a 2 day fixture against Yorkshire at the Riverside.

1st game starts March 27th at Merchant Taylor School providing we can find eleven fit and available players.

That might be a problem! Carse already out before we start and plenty of time for more to fall!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25296
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 pm

what were the chances of this happening?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43471617

oh dear, how sad, never mind
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 35666
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron