Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby sussexpob » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Toby Roland-Jones has suffered a reoccurrence of the stress fracture in his back and is out for the rest of the season.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43908487

ouch!

that's a damned shame. Not like he's still 22 with the whole of his career to look forward to either. At 30, that might very well spell the end for his international career


Wonder how many England bowlers in my life time have got capped and then got injuries like this..... I wonder if he was told to get half a yard quicker.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob
 
Posts: 26012
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: Asker, Norway
Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby Durhamfootman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Sounds like Kevin Shine has been remodelling actions again to reduce the risk of stress fractures of the back.

his record for sending players, that he's been working with, back home with a stress fracture of the back is legendary
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 35644
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby The Professor » Sat May 12, 2018 12:12 pm

What a well fought final this has turned out to be.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1847 ... lass-2018/
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
User avatar
The Professor
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:11 pm
Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby westoelad » Sat May 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:Sounds like Kevin Shine has been remodelling actions again to reduce the risk of stress fractures of the back.

his record for sending players, that he's been working with, back home with a stress fracture of the back is legendary

Trained at the same college as Wor Nigel-Sressfractures R.Us
westoelad
 
Posts: 5906
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Sat May 12, 2018 1:38 pm

westoelad wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:Sounds like Kevin Shine has been remodelling actions again to reduce the risk of stress fractures of the back.

his record for sending players, that he's been working with, back home with a stress fracture of the back is legendary

Trained at the same college as Wor Nigel-Sressfractures R.Us

:lmao
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby Durhamfootman » Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm

they'll probably go out of business too
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 35644
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Sat May 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:they'll probably go out of business too

:lol:
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Sun May 13, 2018 12:47 pm

6 wickets for Onions in an innings win for Lancashire!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby andy » Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 pm

Phil Jaques named head coach of NSW

Adam Voges named head coach of WA and Scorchers
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner



Essex CCC county champions
andy
 
Posts: 17613
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm
Location: Essex
Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby westoelad » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Roses 2nd XI game at Southport abandoned on 2nd day-"Unfit Pitch".?
westoelad
 
Posts: 5906
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:10 pm

westoelad wrote:Roses 2nd XI game at Southport abandoned on 2nd day-"Unfit Pitch".?

Some info here from the Lancashire website.
http://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/ ... ip-update/
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby Durhamfootman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 pm

could be a Peter Moores legacy

if they're quick, they could probably sell it to Somerset, they will have to quick though... they won't want to give it time to settle down or Somerset will cancel the sale
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 35644
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:could be a Peter Moores legacy

if they're quick, they could probably sell it to Somerset, they will have to quick though... they won't want to give it time to settle down or Somerset will cancel the sale

:lol:
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby westoelad » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:48 pm

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:Roses 2nd XI game at Southport abandoned on 2nd day-"Unfit Pitch".?

Some info here from the Lancashire website.
http://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/ ... ip-update/

We at Durham know only too well how long it takes new pitches to bed but I didn't realize that global warming has had such an effect on Southport. Sounds like propaganda from the Southport Tourist Board :halo:
westoelad
 
Posts: 5906
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:Roses 2nd XI game at Southport abandoned on 2nd day-"Unfit Pitch".?

Some info here from the Lancashire website.
http://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/ ... ip-update/

We at Durham know only too well how long it takes new pitches to bed but I didn't realize that global warming has had such an effect on Southport. Sounds like propaganda from the Southport Tourist Board :halo:

:lol: Seems a strange situation!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests