Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby sussexpob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:38 am

Lancs secondary venues have absolutely no history for sub-standard pitches.... none at all.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob
 
Posts: 26023
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: Asker, Norway
Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby Durhamfootman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:32 pm

none whatsoever
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 35655
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby Alviro Patterson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 am

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:Roses 2nd XI game at Southport abandoned on 2nd day-"Unfit Pitch".?

Some info here from the Lancashire website.
http://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/ ... ip-update/

We at Durham know only too well how long it takes new pitches to bed but I didn't realize that global warming has had such an effect on Southport. Sounds like propaganda from the Southport Tourist Board :halo:


Found an image on the White Rose Forum of the Southport pitch

Image

I suppose the sun has shone on the dark side of t'pennines!
In Phil Parkinson we trust
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed"
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory"

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
User avatar
Alviro Patterson
 
Posts: 16637
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:07 pm
Location: Loiner City Region
Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby westoelad » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 am

David Willey say he was on the verge of the sack from Yorkshire for going to IPL. Situation now resolved and he's signing a 1 year extension(Cricket Paper).
westoelad
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Michael Carberry considering taking legal action against Leicestershire "over the manner in which he lost the captaincy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44512514
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25292
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby westoelad » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:13 pm

captaincolly wrote:Michael Carberry considering taking legal action against Leicestershire "over the manner in which he lost the captaincy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44512514

He's well out of that environment. Sit back and see out your contract on gardening leave.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Michael Carberry considering taking legal action against Leicestershire "over the manner in which he lost the captaincy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44512514

He's well out of that environment. Sit back and see out your contract on gardening leave.

I agree.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25292
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby Durhamfootman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:39 pm

except that he's getting on a bit, so he probably needs to play as much cricket as he can while he still can

I'd have him up here
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 35655
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:56 am

Durhamfootman wrote:except that he's getting on a bit, so he probably needs to play as much cricket as he can while he still can

I'd have him up here

He might have one last burst of form in him, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him here. Stories in the press that Yorkshire are not going to give Tim Bresnan a new deal , if this is Colly's last year as a player and this time it surely will be , he'd be a good replacement.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25292
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby westoelad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:23 am

captaincolly wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:except that he's getting on a bit, so he probably needs to play as much cricket as he can while he still can

I'd have him up here

He might have one last burst of form in him, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him here. Stories in the press that Yorkshire are not going to give Tim Bresnan a new deal , if this is Colly's last year as a player and this time it surely will be , he'd be a good replacement.

Bresnan's stats in the last season and a half are moderate in the extreme; doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Colly's retirement will release mega bugs but the priority should be not a player but a top fitness consultant who can keep our young fast bowlers on the park.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby sussexpob » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 am

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Michael Carberry considering taking legal action against Leicestershire "over the manner in which he lost the captaincy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44512514

He's well out of that environment. Sit back and see out your contract on gardening leave.


At what stage does one have to maybe think the problem is not with the club, but with the player? He left an Aussie club side when sent by Surrey in the early 2000s after a bust up on field with an umpire. He left Surrey and blamed the club for not giving him a chance. He left Kent and moaned the club didnt back him aswell, and wondered why they replaced him with others. He got dropped by England a couple of times and accused the setup of being racist. And now he's suing Leicester.

Pretty sure he's also spoke about leaving the game at every single club hes played at. He describes himself as "straight talking", that type of honest guy who sees things for what they are..... can we read between the lines and maybe redefine that as "outspoken ar*sehole"?
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob
 
Posts: 26023
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: Asker, Norway
Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby westoelad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:56 am

sussexpob wrote:
westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Michael Carberry considering taking legal action against Leicestershire "over the manner in which he lost the captaincy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44512514

He's well out of that environment. Sit back and see out your contract on gardening leave.


At what stage does one have to maybe think the problem is not with the club, but with the player? He left an Aussie club side when sent by Surrey in the early 2000s after a bust up on field with an umpire. He left Surrey and blamed the club for not giving him a chance. He left Kent and moaned the club didnt back him aswell, and wondered why they replaced him with others. He got dropped by England a couple of times and accused the setup of being racist. And now he's suing Leicester.

Pretty sure he's also spoke about leaving the game at every single club hes played at. He describes himself as "straight talking", that type of honest guy who sees things for what they are..... can we read between the lines and maybe redefine that as "outspoken ar*sehole"?

Certainly didn't realize he had such a chequered history. Given Leic s recent behaviour issues they'd appear to be made for each other.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:17 am

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:except that he's getting on a bit, so he probably needs to play as much cricket as he can while he still can

I'd have him up here

He might have one last burst of form in him, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him here. Stories in the press that Yorkshire are not going to give Tim Bresnan a new deal , if this is Colly's last year as a player and this time it surely will be , he'd be a good replacement.

Bresnan's stats in the last season and a half are moderate in the extreme; doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Colly's retirement will release mega bugs but the priority should be not a player but a top fitness consultant who can keep our young fast bowlers on the park.

Just looked a those stats and they are a lot worse than I expected!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25292
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby captaincolly » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 am

westoelad wrote:
sussexpob wrote:
westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Michael Carberry considering taking legal action against Leicestershire "over the manner in which he lost the captaincy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44512514

He's well out of that environment. Sit back and see out your contract on gardening leave.


At what stage does one have to maybe think the problem is not with the club, but with the player? He left an Aussie club side when sent by Surrey in the early 2000s after a bust up on field with an umpire. He left Surrey and blamed the club for not giving him a chance. He left Kent and moaned the club didnt back him aswell, and wondered why they replaced him with others. He got dropped by England a couple of times and accused the setup of being racist. And now he's suing Leicester.

Pretty sure he's also spoke about leaving the game at every single club hes played at. He describes himself as "straight talking", that type of honest guy who sees things for what they are..... can we read between the lines and maybe redefine that as "outspoken ar*sehole"?

Certainly didn't realize he had such a chequered history. Given Leic s recent behaviour issues they'd appear to be made for each other.

I didn't realise it either. Given this track record he'd seem to be the least likely choice as a captain so it's not surprising it has ended in tears or maybe in court !
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25292
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby sussexpob » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:26 am

I can maybe understand a little chip on his shoulder. Breaking into that Surrey team in the early 2000s would have been tough with all that talent floating about. At Kent I think they signed a load of cheap Kolpaks and faded him out, but he wasnt really performing that well. He does speak highly of Shane Warne, who he credits as motivating him to become the player he was, and not sure he has said much of a bad word about Hampshire, even strongly denying a dressing room bust up with his team mate Pietersen while on the Ashes tour.

But there are question marks about his attitude. Maybe explains why he was dropped after one start in BD in 2010 even though most of us seemed a bit puzzled why. Hes also gone through a lot with the tumour in his lungs and over the last years I believe thats a battle that has limited his playing time. Maybe a good idea on paper that didnt work, Leicestershire realised and wanted to correct it maybe.

One cant help but feel sorry for Carberry for what hes faced, but one also has to look at the things he says and does publically and maybe conclude he isnt the easiest guy to play with.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob
 
Posts: 26023
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: Asker, Norway
Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests