Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Bairstow was given that incremental contract during the season.

Ethically, I think it's fair enough for the club to expect the ECB to cut the county plenty of slack in that circumstance. A player that was available for the whole season at the start of the season has been lost. If the player starts the season on a contract, I don't think the county can complain. They lose the player while the international is being played, of course they do. But Yorkshire should have had some help there for a game played without any pressure from the international calendar.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby sussexpob » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Bairstow was given that incremental contract during the season

No, he was given it after the 2015 series v Australia at the end of the season.

Buttler was coming off a horror show series, and Buttler had taken the gloves and batted in that series for the majority of tests, and I believe the narrative was turning Bairstow into a Prior type player career path, with the hope that his glove work with give him the time needed for his batting to fire.

Buttler went to UAE, failed, Bairstow made a few decent starts and got the gloves initially in South Africa.... then had the series of his life.

So, Id imagine Bairstow was largely involved in all of the international teams tours/tests and a good handful of the limited overs stuff.

After the 2016 year he was put on a full contract.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby sussexpob » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:They lose the player while the international is being played, of course they do. But Yorkshire should have had some help there for a game played without any pressure from the international calendar.

England travelled out to BD only a few days after the season ended, comfortably less than a week after by memory. They then toured till about mid-February I think, couldnt have come home between India and BD as they were playing in India in November.

For an all format player, who wanted to enter the IPL, in a champions trophy year the following summer and an Ashes tour waiting after that, Id have thought burn out was a key issue.

It made nothing but sense for a player who had by then solidified his place in the team to miss a game a catch some rest before a very long winter and year ahead.

Yorkshire will not be the first, nor last, that suffers. Remember when Sussex got destroyed a couple of years ago when they have players carrying drinks in ODI's while Durham and Yorkshire both smashed their B team (and championship aspirations) to pieces.

Swings and roundabouts.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby andy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Lecistershire sign Varun Aarron to cover for Mohammed Abbas when he is on international duty
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby meninblue » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:17 pm

andy wrote:Lecistershire sign Varun Aarron to cover for Mohammed Abbas when he is on international duty

Think Pak have tour of Ireland and England.

Sohail Khan, the Pak bowler who was also signed by Leicestershire is injured recently and i guess Varun has been signed as his replacement. Mohd. Abbas will play as well until he gets comeback into Pak squad. Abbas will be key imo as he can swing bowl both ways as well as seam it. Surely a handful against county teams imo.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Alviro Patterson » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:16 am

sussexpob wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:Bairstow was given that incremental contract during the season

No, he was given it after the 2015 series v Australia at the end of the season.

Buttler was coming off a horror show series, and Buttler had taken the gloves and batted in that series for the majority of tests, and I believe the narrative was turning Bairstow into a Prior type player career path, with the hope that his glove work with give him the time needed for his batting to fire.

Buttler went to UAE, failed, Bairstow made a few decent starts and got the gloves initially in South Africa.... then had the series of his life.

So, Id imagine Bairstow was largely involved in all of the international teams tours/tests and a good handful of the limited overs stuff.

After the 2016 year he was put on a full contract.

ECB contracts are in effect from 1st October, the announcement of Bairstow receiving a central contract was made on 29th September and the 2016 County Cricket season ended on 23rd September.

Bairstow was still contracted to Yorkshire during the Middlesex CC game and was not on international duty (did not feature in the Pakistan ODI series), therefore Yorkshire were well within their rights to play the player in question.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby westoelad » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:24 pm

westoelad

Postby westoelad » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:14 pm

westoelad wrote:http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Events/26/Pakistan_in_England_and_Ireland_2016/England_Squad.html

Confirmation that there is disparity between treatment of Glamorgan and Durham regarding compensation payments.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... rd-meeting
westoelad

Postby captaincolly » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:43 pm

westoelad wrote:
westoelad wrote:http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Events/26/Pakistan_in_England_and_Ireland_2016/England_Squad.html

Confirmation that there is disparity between treatment of Glamorgan and Durham regarding compensation payments.

A ridiculous state of affairs and totally inconsistent.
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby sussexpob » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Alviro Patterson wrote:ECB contracts are in effect from 1st October, the announcement of Bairstow receiving a central contract was made on 29th September and the 2016 County Cricket season ended on 23rd September.

Bairstow was still contracted to Yorkshire during the Middlesex CC game and was not on international duty (did not feature in the Pakistan ODI series), therefore Yorkshire were well within their rights to play the player in question.

What part of me saying he signed a contract with the ECB in 2015 did you not get? There was no scandal here.

Harry Kane might not have played a game for six weeks before the world cup, does it mean England would be well out of order to ask Tottenham not to play him in a friendly 3 days before their first match?

Long winter coming, it's perfectly understandable and perfectly within the ECBs right to withdraw him in the same week the team went on an Asian tour that went from sep to feb.

If Yorkshire feel like they have a bad deal, then they can have all their players but no longer have any tests, rewards or payouts.....Good luck with bankruptcy.

Hearing a yorkshire fan moan about ECB not being fair when you've just been handed a T20 franchise and guaranteed internationals.......

Go wipe your tears on that ECB money

sussexpob

Postby sussexpob » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:19 pm

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:

A ridiculous state of affairs and totally inconsistent.

Not sure I believe any of graves story here. Mention something as a possible off the cuff, take it as affirmative for a widespread plan? This seems the motto.

I agreed with Durham's punishment but am yet to find evidence of a clear distinction between that and the situation in Cardiff. Not that I know as much about it as Durham. Yet, on the face, I'd be pretty pissed off as a Durham fan.

sussexpob

Postby captaincolly » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:29 am

According to The Daily Mail the ECB are threatening to sue George Dobell " for his attacks on chairman Colin Graves' regime - with ECB lawyers Onside Law threatening a defamation case via an initial letter of claim."
captaincolly

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:30 am

That would be quite exposing for the ECB.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby captaincolly » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:04 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:That would be quite exposing for the ECB.

Yes. I don't know about legal matters but it would be terrible PR to sue a journalist and could also be very damaging for the ECB if any embarrassing details come to light during any legal action.
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:45 pm

captaincolly wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:That would be quite exposing for the ECB.

Yes. I don't know about legal matters but it would be terrible PR to sue a journalist and could also be very damaging for the ECB if any embarrassing details come to light during any legal action.

Mr Graves could well be shooting himself in the foot here. His "impartiality" is going to come under scrutiny.
westoelad

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket