Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

Postby sussexpob » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Alviro Patterson wrote:Fair play to Surrey in acquiring the services of Plunkett on a long term deal. How much county cricket he will play remains to be seen particularly with the World Cup, the IPL having it's own FTP slot and The Hundred ball game from 2020.

England white ball players are effectively redundant from County Cricket, unless if they are on a pay as you play arrangement or The Hundred is played outside the county cricket season.

Good point really. If hes fit, he will probably play limited overs cricket and IPL. So what exact use is he to anyone unless you pay big money for hardly any games
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby captaincolly » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:43 pm

sussexpob wrote:
Alviro Patterson wrote:Fair play to Surrey in acquiring the services of Plunkett on a long term deal. How much county cricket he will play remains to be seen particularly with the World Cup, the IPL having it's own FTP slot and The Hundred ball game from 2020.

England white ball players are effectively redundant from County Cricket, unless if they are on a pay as you play arrangement or The Hundred is played outside the county cricket season.

Good point really. If hes fit, he will probably play limited overs cricket and IPL. So what exact use is he to anyone unless you pay big money for hardly any games

Surrey probably the only county who could afford such a luxury signing.
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby sussexpob » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:50 pm

captaincolly wrote: Surrey probably the only county who could afford such a luxury signing.

Am I right in thinking that Surrey get a huge boost on Salary cap due to London Weighting?
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby captaincolly » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:55 pm

sussexpob wrote:
captaincolly wrote: Surrey probably the only county who could afford such a luxury signing.

Am I right in thinking that Surrey get a huge boost on Salary cap due to London Weighting?

I can't remember if they do or if they argue that they should . Suspect it's the former as they seem to have no problem bringing in as many big names as they want.
captaincolly

Postby sussexpob » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:56 pm

captaincolly wrote:
sussexpob wrote:

I can't remember if they do or if they argue that they should . Suspect it's the former as they seem to have no problem bringing in as many big names as they want.

I seem to remember they got something like £500,000 a year more to spend. They argued about increasing the salary cap to above its current rate, but no one else wanted to

sussexpob

Postby captaincolly » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:07 pm

sussexpob wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
sussexpob wrote:

I seem to remember they got something like £500,000 a year more to spend. They argued about increasing the salary cap to above its current rate, but no one else wanted to

Yes. This article mentions a London weighting.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.inde ... html%3famp
captaincolly

Postby andy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Very good signing for Surrey...and to be fair to Plunks a 3 year deal at 33 is good for him too...im suprised Yorks are letting him go
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby captaincolly » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:51 pm

andy wrote:Very good signing for Surrey...and to be fair to Plunks a 3 year deal at 33 is good for him too...im suprised Yorks are letting him go

From what they've said they can't afford /justify a new deal - he could well be at the IPL at the start of the season and then with England. Surrey must have the money to spare.
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Got money to burn have Sorry and with one, if not both, Currans in test match radar it could be a shrewd signing.Pudsey is just a bairn compared to Rikki Clarke to whom they gave a similar contract.
What price Rashid ending up there also?
westoelad

Postby captaincolly » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:28 pm

I'd also have thought Sorry would be a likely destination for Rashid but an article in The Times ( or possibly Sunday Times ) mentioned Worcestershire as favourites to sign him. Perhaps his friendship with Moeen Ali is a factor if the story has any validity. If the journalist was just guessing Worcestershire presumably wouldn't be near the top of the list.
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:28 pm

captaincolly wrote:I'd also have thought Sorry would be a likely destination for Rashid but an article in The Times ( or possibly Sunday Times ) mentioned Worcestershire as favourites to sign him. Perhaps his friendship with Moeen Ali is a factor if the story has any validity. If the journalist was just guessing Worcestershire presumably wouldn't be near the top of the list.

ITB wants him at Durham.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... ian-botham
westoelad

Postby Alviro Patterson » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:55 am

westoelad wrote:Got money to burn have Sorry and with one, if not both, Currans in test match radar it could be a shrewd signing.Pudsey is just a bairn compared to Rikki Clarke to whom they gave a similar contract.
What price Rashid ending up there also?

Won't say no to a Rashid / Borthwick swap deal, Scott can prop up the batting since the Yorkshire think-tank are spinphobic.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby captaincolly » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:10 am

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:I'd also have thought Sorry would be a likely destination for Rashid but an article in The Times ( or possibly Sunday Times ) mentioned Worcestershire as favourites to sign him. Perhaps his friendship with Moeen Ali is a factor if the story has any validity. If the journalist was just guessing Worcestershire presumably wouldn't be near the top of the list.

ITB wants him at Durham.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... ian-botham

Just seen this. Typical of Botham to pull no punches!
captaincolly

Postby The Professor » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:51 pm

In sign of the time news: Jack Brooks lines up Somerset move
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby sussexpob » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Hopefully this means Yorkshire have a bunch of young cricketers up their sleeve to come in

sussexpob

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket