Sheffield Shield 2013/14

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Sheffield Shield 2013/14

Postby GarlicJam » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:09 am

and WA need 30 runs to take full points from Tassie, with only 4 wickets in hand. WA would have to be favourites, but while there's life......
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:10 pm

Check this out for a game of cricket.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-domestic-2013-14/engine/match/669205.html

Trailing after the first innings by 268 run, Queensland managed to chase down a record score to beat South Australia, thanks largely to Usman Khawaja.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby from_the_stands » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 pm

Following Victoria's fourth outright loss in a row, the axe is swinging in Jolimont.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-victoria-looks-for-answers-after-dismal-sheffield-shield-season-20140218-32xh7.html

Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, Clint McKay, James Muirhead and Dan Christian have all been dropped for the upcoming game against South Australia.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby from_the_stands » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:58 pm

The Vics are staring down the barrel of their fifth straight outright loss. Our bowling attack looks absolutely toothless, and our top order is a disaster right now. David Hussey is the only run scorer of note, but come next season, he'll probably be released. Signs are not good for the Bushies. Maybe take the armband of Matthew Wade and give it back to Cameron White.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby andy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:56 pm

James Muirhead, comes crashing back down to earth then..
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby GarlicJam » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 pm

true, but this has got to be a good thing, in the long term.

After all, he should have a good 15 years or more of his career ahead of him.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby GarlicJam » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:30 am

Tasmania emphatically take first innings points against QLD this morning on the back of a Hilfenhaus hattrick. Only the 4th one ever for a Tasmania bowler. Sounded like a quality one, as well - Hopes, Cutting, Boyce, LBW, bowled, bowled.

Fekete takes the two tailenders (leaving leaving Joe Burns stranded in the 90's) in two balls, which has him on a hattrick when he bowls next.

In spite of having a 167 run advantage (follow-on margin is 150), Tassie are now batting again. They need to take all of the six points available to have any chance of making the final.

Victoria's chances are effectively snuffed with the Sozzies 500 run first innings.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby GarlicJam » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:57 am

and Tassie just as quickly fall apart.

hopes didn't like being part of a hattrick, and has taken 4 wickets in revenge. The Taswegians are currently 6/61, with a lead of around 230.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby from_the_stands » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:02 am

Glenn Maxwell has made his second century in consecutive games. He might be an outside chance to make the squad for the Pakistan series later in the year if he keeps this up.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby from_the_stands » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:22 am

from_the_stands wrote:Following Victoria's fourth outright loss in a row, the axe is swinging in Jolimont.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-victoria-looks-for-answers-after-dismal-sheffield-shield-season-20140218-32xh7.html

Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, Clint McKay, James Muirhead and Dan Christian have all been dropped for the upcoming game against South Australia.

I've been thinking about Victoria's woes, which I really am at a loss to explain. Dropping 5 players in one hit seems pretty drastic to me. I reckon Clint Makay was pretty unlucky to get dropped, especially after taking 3 wickets from the only innings where NSW batted. OK, Muirhead went for a few, but it was only his third first class match. And Dan Christian was the second top scorer in the second innings. I can't really defend Finchy, however. I think he's a phenominal short form player, but he really does struggle with the red ball, averaging 27 odd in fc cricket. Too bad Brad Hodge is retired from first class cricket.

My Vic team for next week's clash with Tassie;

Rob Quiney
Matthew Wade
Cameron White
Glenn Maxwell
David Hussey
Marcus Stoinis
Dan Christian
John Hastings
Clint McKay
Jake Reed
Fawad Ahmed

Finchy stays out, he's needs to stick to the short stuff. Both Handscomb and Muirhead stay out, but will be back next season. I'm undecided about Jon Holland. Jake Reed is a right arm quickie from Geelong who is having a huge year in district cricket, having just claied the best bowling figures for the season.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/602570.html

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/local-sport/geelong-speedster-jake-reed-on-cusp-of-cricket-dream/story-fnjuhs0b-1226751238488

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:01 am

Another round of the Sheffield Shield has come to an end. Only two more rounds to go before the final.

Down in Slowbart, Tassie won over Queensland quite easily in the end, with the visitor falling in a heap in the fourth innings. Sam Rainbird took 4 wickets there.

In Radelaide, the game there is still actually going on, with the Vic hanging on for grim death. Runs from Cameron White, Matthew Stoinis and David Hussey seem to be prolonging the inevitable there.

Way out west, WA won pretty easily in a game where Adam Voges scored heavily.

If the Vics hang on for a draw in Adelaide, the Sozzies should still be i top spot.

The next round will have a huge say in where the teams finish up.

The Vics will be at home to Tassie, where I suspect it will be sack the coach time if the Vics lose what will be their sixth outright loss in a row.

Queensland host WA, and will be looking for a result that will jettison them into one of the top two spots on the ladder.

The Redbacks will be hosting NSW, with the visitors hoping they can snatch a top two slot. The top four teams have everything to play four. The bottom two are playing to avoid finishing dead last.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby GarlicJam » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:21 am

there's no bottom two though, fts. Vics are down on their own. Tas has drawn level with the Qbillies on 16 points. Neither those two have much of a chance of making the final. It looks to be between the Wozzies, the Sozzies and the Dubbers.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:29 am

GarlicJam wrote:there's no bottom two though, fts. Vics are down on their own. Tas has drawn level with the Qbillies on 16 points. Neither those two have much of a chance of making the final. It looks to be between the Wozzies, the Sozzies and the Dubbers.

Ah, but the Vics can turn Tassie over next week. It could happen.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby GarlicJam » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:42 am

true, but that won't affect the outcome of the 13/14 Shield though.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm

from_the_stands wrote:
GarlicJam wrote:there's no bottom two though, fts. Vics are down on their own. Tas has drawn level with the Qbillies on 16 points. Neither those two have much of a chance of making the final. It looks to be between the Wozzies, the Sozzies and the Dubbers.

Ah, but the Vics can turn Tassie over next week. It could happen.

and they most certainly will. Vics have dominated the first three days. Tassie have continued their season long habit of debilitating collapses. 5/55 yesterday, and something like 9/90 on day one.
Maybe
GarlicJam

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket