Warwickshire match thread ( moans happily accepted)

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Warwickshire match thread ( moans happily accepted)

Postby hopeforthebest » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:56 am

I see Sidebottom is playing today, it seems to me he's only fit when Warwickshire are the opposition. He'd get out a hospital bed to play against us.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby KipperJohn » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Perhaps Chopra just wants to go back home - fair enough. Yes I thought Bell was still on a central contract.

Yorks 135-5 at the moment.
KipperJohn

Postby KipperJohn » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:43 pm

KipperJohn wrote:Perhaps Chopra just wants to go back home - fair enough. Yes I thought Bell was still on a central contract.

Yorks 135-5 at the moment.

At this rate Bell won't have a central contract much longer.
KipperJohn

Postby hopeforthebest » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:02 am

In the CC Bell began really well making big runs but all this was before the white ball cricket began. One has to wonder if white ball cricket and red ball cricket don't mix for him. It's not the first time that question has arisen.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

hopeforthebest

Postby KipperJohn » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:57 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:In the CC Bell began really well making big runs but all this was before the white ball cricket began. One has to wonder if white ball cricket and red ball cricket don't mix for him. It's not the first time that question has arisen.

That's a fair enough observation until you put it alongside 150+ ODIs and 100+ Tests - he's had enough experience at the very highest level to be able to adapt to both.
KipperJohn

Postby captaincolly » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Perhaps it's taking him a while to adjust to the hard slog of the county scene. When Collingwood came back to Durham after his England days he said he wasn't sure if he'd be able to motivate himself for county cricket. Once he realised he could he was absolutely fine and I'm sure it'll be the same for Bell.
That's just a guess - he might just be having a poor run of form, if so it won't last long.
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby Making_Splinters » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:42 pm

KipperJohn wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:In the CC Bell began really well making big runs but all this was before the white ball cricket began. One has to wonder if white ball cricket and red ball cricket don't mix for him. It's not the first time that question has arisen.

That's a fair enough observation until you put it alongside 150+ ODIs and 100+ Tests - he's had enough experience at the very highest level to be able to adapt to both.

I think his form dropped off after he strained his hamstring?
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby KipperJohn » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Bell is only 34 - it's not beyond the realms of possibility that if he gets back into the groove he could have a long indian summer for the remainder of his career - even at international level given the paucity of batsmen knocking on the Test door.
KipperJohn

Postby captaincolly » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:06 pm

KipperJohn wrote:Bell is only 34 - it's not beyond the realms of possibility that if he gets back into the groove he could have a long indian summer for the remainder of his career - even at international level given the paucity of batsmen knocking on the Test door.

Yes. Collingwood retired from tests so it's a different scenario with Bell.
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby hopeforthebest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm not so sure that Bell is even under consideration. I think his attitude after the last Ashes when he said he would have to think about things was seen as a sign of weakness and when he failed in the UAE and was left out of the SA tour that was pretty much it for him. If he was scoring big runs this year a reprieve might have come but I fear that his time is over.

hopeforthebest

Postby Alviro Patterson » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Warwickshire have acquired the signature of New Zealand all rounder Colin de Grandhomme as Overseas for the Natwest T20 Blast

A shrewd signing by the Bears, in which Colin has a batting strike of 171. Must say I am looking forward to seeing de Grandhomme bat at Headingley, in fact I may even go to Edgabston whenever Yorkshire visit.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby meninblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Alviro Patterson wrote:Warwickshire have acquired the signature of New Zealand all rounder Colin de Grandhomme as Overseas for the Natwest T20 Blast

A shrewd signing by the Bears, in which Colin has a batting strike of 171. Must say I am looking forward to seeing de Grandhomme bat at Headingley, in fact I may even go to Edgabston whenever Yorkshire visit.

Good signing imo as well. Dibbly dobbly bowling but full pitch and swings it both ways. Suits the conditions. More than handy for T20 format as a batsman too.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Previous

Return to Domestic Cricket