CC predictions

county and domestic cricket around the world

CC predictions

Postby Durhamfootman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:09 am

I did this the other day, but it must have got lost when the site went down

Div 1
Warks or Yorks will win it this year. which, depends on whether, or how quickly, Trotty is brought back into the England set up.
Notts and the Middle will be up near the top challenging
Lancs will be comfortably mid table
Durham mid to lower mid table, but will depend on winning 3 early season matches before England call ups and injuries kick in
Sussex will just about survive
Somerset and Northants to go down.

Div 2

Hants and Gloucs to go up with Hants as champions
Glam, Derby will threaten but fall short
Surrey will suffer from Ovalitis and just not secure enough home wins to be competitive
Essex, Kent will bumble along without ever really being in contention
Worcester will struggle without Richo, and might not have that much of Moeen either
Gawd bless Leics.... bottom again
2024 Big Bash League FL
2023 County Championship D1 FL
2023 WI-SA combined FL
2023 Big Bash League FL
2022 County Championship D1 FL
2022 T20 Blast FL
2022 Ashes FL
2021 All Year Fantasy Competition
2021 ICC T20 World Cup FL
2021 Big Bash League FL
2020 SA-England combined FL
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL
2019 NZ-England test FL
2019 WI-India combined FL
2019 The Open Golf FL
2019 French Open Tennis FL
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-South Africa test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: CC predictions

Postby sussexpob » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:45 am

Sussex will JUST survive..... :hmmm

Are you on the wind up? We have a great chance to win it this year, obviously pending getting 6 or 7 international call ups and having to play back to back Yorkshire and Durham games.... Or being the only county to play Warwickshire with Trott and Bell, like every year!

:gun
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Durhamfootman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 am

I think so.

tell me your predictions, SP
2024 Big Bash League FL
2023 County Championship D1 FL
2023 WI-SA combined FL
2023 Big Bash League FL
2022 County Championship D1 FL
2022 T20 Blast FL
2022 Ashes FL
2021 All Year Fantasy Competition
2021 ICC T20 World Cup FL
2021 Big Bash League FL
2020 SA-England combined FL
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL
2019 NZ-England test FL
2019 WI-India combined FL
2019 The Open Golf FL
2019 French Open Tennis FL
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-South Africa test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Postby Alviro Patterson » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Durham's lack of strength likely to be detrimental to the county and occupy a relegation spot.
Somerset in transition mode, whilst other counties are more settled with their squads. This alone might cost Division One status.
Northamptonshire's gradually built momentum and togetherness in recent years enough to retain Division One status.
Lancashire in a survival battle with the above three, but have enough in personnel to survive.
Warwickshire firmly in the middle
Nottinghamshire as challengers, but the bowling unit a tad light without a frontline spinner and 4th seamer to really have a foothold for top spot.
Sussex firmly in the mix, but international call ups and a lack of credible back up players may scupper their chances.
Yorkshire strength in every department, this might be the year but it depends on how many Yorkshire players the ECB help themselves to and Kane Williamson away for one month might be too long.
Middlesex on an upward curve under Angus Fraser, for me they will sneak it.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby sussexpob » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:58 am

Durhamfootman wrote:I think so.

tell me your predictions, SP

Yorkshire to win the championship if they keep Bairstow and Balance, they may even do it at a canter.
Sussex/ Durham to fight it out for 2nd/3rd. Durham lack batting but shred teams with the ball, Sussex will be unable to finish teams with lack of bowling depth, and as the international call ups come, will struggle to cope with the second string.
Notts will have a middling year, lacking quality in enough areas, but too good to go down.
Warwickshire will be a middling team without Trott and Bell, lacking top quality middle order batting, and maybe a bowler
Lancashire lack quality all over, and will be relegated
Northants will give it a really good go, but they also lack quality at the top division level and will probably be relegated
Somerset to fight it out with Northants all the way
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby pompeymeowth » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:43 am

Sussex's chances probably depend on who gets the England job. If it's Robbo we're in trouble.
pompeymeowth

Team(s) Supported: Sussex. Cruzeiro and Pompey of course.

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:53 am

sussexpob wrote:Lancashire lack quality all over, and will be relegated

Getting your excuses for Moores' in early this season.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby sussexpob » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:59 am

Making_Splinters wrote:

:sleep

sussexpob

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:14 pm

sussexpob wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:

:sleep

Well, it's the only way I can make head nor tail of this comment.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby pompeymeowth » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:

I think he's seeing things like me. If Suusex lose Robbo, or Lancs lose Moores to England, it's going to be tough for either respective side losing their coach.
pompeymeowth

Team(s) Supported: Sussex. Cruzeiro and Pompey of course.

Postby Alviro Patterson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:12 pm

pompeymeowth wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:

I think he's seeing things like me. If Suusex lose Robbo, or Lancs lose Moores to England, it's going to be tough for either respective side losing their coach.

Whoever Karl Krikken is in charge of will end up doing a quality job, getting Derbyshire promoted to Division One with their distinctly average squad is an achievement in itself.
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Postby Alviro Patterson » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Might as welll begin the 2015 predictions

Durham - 8th - Predicting relegated teams not easy, but Durham's lack of recruitment could be the difference between survival and relegation.
Hampshire - 7th - Solid batting line up, but question marks over their bowling options.
Middlesex - 4th. Made some solid additions over the winter, keep Finn in the side
Notts - 3rd. Strongest batting line up in England, but their bowling attack looks incapable of taking 20 wickets in a match.
Somerset - 2nd. Made some solid recruits over the winter and a team least likely to be affected by England call ups.
Sussex - 2015 County Champions. Solid batting line up and the bowling attack bolstered with the signings of Shazhad and Mills.
Warwickshire - 6th. Woakes and Trott spending more time with Team England are likely to stunt Warwickshire's progress.
Worcestershire - 9th. Plenty of potential in the side, but lack batting experience especially with Moeen being a more permanent England member. Bowling attack not as potent compared to the other counties.
Yorkshire - 5th. Squad ravaged by England call-ups, which will expose the lack of depth in the batting department.

Alviro Patterson

Postby sussexpob » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Yorkshire - 1st - best squad, will still have lots of talent after call ups.
Middlesex - 2nd - Great bowling attack that makes up for their lower middle order quality, a few batsman looking to prove they still have it... very dangerous mix.
Sussex - 3rd - A bowler or two short to challenge the title runners, dependant on a few guys to maintain batting form
Warwickshire - 4th - Always defy the odds in the last few years, some good players, expect them to be hard to beat.
Notts - 5th - Lack bowling depth, despite having a strong batting line up. Risky pick in Hilfenhaus, an injury prone guy, to prop up a paper thin attack.
Durham - 6th - Will win matches with their bowling attack, will lose them with their batting.
Hampshire - 7th - A lot of older guys dotted round the team that could work or not. Could still be a tough team to beat on their day.
Somerset - 8th - Lots of good names, but most are past their best. Batting looks crumbly, which is a concern on a pitch that most bowlers can struggle on.
Worcestershire - 9th - Ajmal bowled them to a promotion, but he wont be there all year, and even with him the team is noticeably lacking quality compared to the rest of the division

sussexpob

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:30 pm

Rather amusing to be reminded of Sussex's defence of Moores. Can't help but wonder if with hindsight his position on the matter has changed?
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby sussexpob » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:Rather amusing to be reminded of Sussex's defence of Moores. Can't help but wonder if with hindsight his position on the matter has changed?

He left, they got relegated.... he had the job, it was the first time in decades they won a county championship.... he was at Sussex, won their only championship in nearly 200 years....clearly a terrible county manager.

sussexpob

Next

Return to Domestic Cricket