University Matches 2015

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: University Matches 2015

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:11 pm

m@tt wrote:
Aidan11 wrote:Derek Pringle said a fair bit of the crowd left when he got out.

He's made a couple of snide remarks about the innings and mysteriously didn't acknowledge when he reached three figures. Not that anyone gives a monkeys what Pringle thinks.

Yet it was important enough for Pringle to choose to go and see KP over the myriad of other games on. Maybe just hoped he would see KP fail so he could write more acerbic copy.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:13 pm

I thought Pringle had left the Daily Telegraph.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:39 pm

m@tt wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:Although I presume he threw it away as usual.

Apparently once he reached three figures, he started bringing out the ramps and reverse hits. It's a friendly, so why not - entertain the crowds.

Just for clarity's sake, I was being satirical! Though I'm almost sure you realised Matt...
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
m@tt wrote:

Apparently once he reached three figures, he started bringing out the ramps and reverse hits. It's a friendly, so why not - entertain the crowds.

Just for clarity's sake, I was being satirical! Though I'm almost sure you realised Matt...

According to Cricinfo's coverage he was out trying to clear the field. So, you'd be right, but he'd made is point and was playing for fun by that point.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby m@tt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:
m@tt wrote:

Yeah I know!
Andy Flower wrote:This is going to test my coaching expertise. This is the worst case I've ever seen.
m@tt

Team(s) Supported: .
England and Warwickshire.

Also tend to follow any former/current/prospective England players.

606 Username: matt_h88

Postby m@tt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:
m@tt wrote:

He's made a couple of snide remarks about the innings and mysteriously didn't acknowledge when he reached three figures. Not that anyone gives a monkeys what Pringle thinks.

Yet it was important enough for Pringle to choose to go and see KP over the myriad of other games on. Maybe just hoped he would see KP fail so he could write more acerbic copy.

Maybe. There was a lot of attention on the game for obvious reasons. Attendees included Lawrence Booth (Daily Mail), Ali Martin (Guardian) and Andrew Miller (The Times) - all of whom could have been at other county games. So Pringle had good reasons for being there (presumably that he was there working) but I think given his history of reporting, he was hoping for a failure to write about.
Andy Flower wrote:This is going to test my coaching expertise. This is the worst case I've ever seen.
m@tt

Team(s) Supported: .
England and Warwickshire.

Also tend to follow any former/current/prospective England players.

606 Username: matt_h88

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:50 pm

m@tt wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:
m@tt wrote:

Maybe. There was a lot of attention on the game for obvious reasons. Attendees included Lawrence Booth (Daily Mail), Ali Martin (Guardian) and Andrew Miller (The Times) - all of whom could have been at other county games. So Pringle had good reasons for being there (presumably that he was there working) but I think given his history of reporting, he was hoping for a failure to write about.

It's truely bizare. They invest so much time into denigrating KP and blaming him for all England's ills, but, they all flock to watch Surrey play a non first class match instead of the other England hopefulls and indeed Test players playing around the country.

One almost has to stop and wonder if they really are aware of the self perpetuation that's going on.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:If KP hits top gear this season with Sanga to come into this batting line up, Surrey could be very hard to bowl out.

I think Surrey and Me win the championship.
Cough got KP and Sanga in my team.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Anyone know the actual reason why pringle and few writers hate KP.
just find it very odd how petty some of the writers are.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:18 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I thought Pringle had left the Daily Telegraph.

he did someone on twitter was taking the piss out of him because he was sweating in the outfield behind the boundary ropes and not behind the A/C Tent or box at the ground.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:23 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:
m@tt wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:
m@tt wrote:

It's truely bizare. They invest so much time into denigrating KP and blaming him for all England's ills, but, they all flock to watch Surrey play a non first class match instead of the other England hopefulls and indeed Test players playing around the country.

One almost has to stop and wonder if they really are aware of the self perpetuation that's going on.

agree and in pringle case he was not even writing about KP went their as a spectator.
he hasn't written for the independent on the game and not exactly gonna start a blog on KP and not sure any other newspapers take freelance writers apart from Independent so he pretty much their because he want to see KP fail or secretly enjoys watching him bat. :clap

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:33 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Anyone know the actual reason why pringle and few writers hate KP.
just find it very odd how petty some of the writers are.

There's a question:

Some just don't like his personality/feel KP is legitimately a ****.

Some are loyal to Flower as his friends and former colleagues.

Some resent him as a South African who England needed, rather than one they did a favour to.

Possibly, some were following an ECB agenda following the contract dispute.

Possibly resentment because they had unfulfilled careers.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:03 pm

At the end of the day, KP doesn't play like his English peers, he doesn't talk like his English peers and he has a completely different attitude to his English peers. Most of the cricketing press in the UK is dependent on the ECB for titbits of information, so in general they take a pro ECB stance. That's wy the eventual condemnation of Cook as ODI captain was so unexpected. Dobell is one of the few who tends to evalute the game on his own and present that rather than some pre-prescribed ideas.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby captaincolly » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Is KP thinking of playing in the Caribbean Premier League or was that just an unsubstantiated rumour?
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:10 pm

I dunno. I've heard he's playing some of the IPL too.
Arthur Crabtree

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket