2016 Hampshire Thread

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: 2016 Hampshire Thread

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:00 pm

mark the hawk wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:This has to go down as the worst season I can remember in a long time.

Relegation and not making the knockout stages of either cup competition.

No decent youngsters coming through and a few older guys coming to the end of their careers.

The futures looking dim.

So we haven't seen the emergence of Alsop,Weatherley,McManus and Wheal this summer then ?

funnily enough I went up to the Crem yesterday to tell my dad about what happening and got the feeling it wasn't going to work out

Alsop and McManus possibly as I previously qualified, but I wanted to keep the post downbeat.

And don't know what you're talking about, doesn't make an ounce of sense!!!!
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:15 pm

So here we go again.

Hants once more try to build up our hopes by thrashing a rapid 250, then have Durham 111/7 with 30 overs remaining and then once again hopes are dashed.

I can't get out of this negative frame of mind, it's got me sucked in.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby st_brendy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:25 pm

st_brendy wrote:All out. Lead of 50. Not much, but something.

116 overs bowled, they started on 83, so we've had 33 today. Plus two lost for the change of innings. That leaves 45 overs today (out of the reduced 80). Bat at 5 per over gives us a lead of 275 at the end of the day.

Just realised that obviously because tea was taken (slightly early?) we didn't lose those two overs for the change of innings. So a mammoth 47 over session so long as the light holds (and right now it is clear blue sky).
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby Hampshireboi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:39 pm

You never know but I just cannot see us bowling them out again. Pitch isn't offering enough, can one of you local chaps get down there overnight and scuff it up a bit?
Pro 40 Fantasy league guru
Hampshireboi

Postby mark the hawk » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:40 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:
mark the hawk wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:This has to go down as the worst season I can remember in a long time.

Relegation and not making the knockout stages of either cup competition.

No decent youngsters coming through and a few older guys coming to the end of their careers.

The futures looking dim.

So we haven't seen the emergence of Alsop,Weatherley,McManus and Wheal this summer then ?

funnily enough I went up to the Crem yesterday to tell my dad about what happening and got the feeling it wasn't going to work out

Alsop and McManus possibly as I previously qualified, but I wanted to keep the post downbeat.

And don't know what you're talking about, doesn't make an ounce of sense!!!!

Sorry , sometimes on my way home from work I stop off at the Crematorium in Bassett , go to where my Dads ashes are scattered and talk to him about how Hampshire and England are doing , last night I was telling Him that we were in with a chance of staying up again but as I was saying it I just got the feeling that we won't.
mark the hawk

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire, Havant and Waterlooville.
follower of Southampton and Hibernian.

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:56 pm

I get you. Some soul searching going on with Havant and Waterlooville aswell after the final day last season. Looking up this mind.

Sadly one of our kids has failed in this match.

Over to Vince.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby st_brendy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Three down, suspect we can bin thoughts of a declaration now.

If there is one positive though, all wickets have been to spin. Maybe a lead of 220 might be enough?
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby Hampshireboi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Hmmm 70-3. Need to make sure we don't get bowled out for less than 200
Hampshireboi

Postby Hampshireboi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:07 pm

st_brendy wrote:Three down, suspect we can bin thoughts of a declaration now.

If there is one positive though, all wickets have been to spin. Maybe a lead of 220 might be enough?

Shame our spinners don't fill me with confidence. Remember when we had Warne and then immy
Hampshireboi

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:21 pm

We've decided to play shockingly badly today in order to play brilliantly well tomorrow!!
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby mark the hawk » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:21 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:I get you. Some soul searching going on with Havant and Waterlooville aswell after the final day last season. Looking up this mind.

Sadly one of our kids has failed in this match.

Over to Vince.

No soul searching from me that day , just plain and utter angryness , so bad I threatened to throw some potty mouthed teenagers off the train at Cosham.

And i'm still wondering how Bradbury still is in a job
mark the hawk

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire, Havant and Waterlooville.
follower of Southampton and Hibernian.

Postby st_brendy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:24 pm

Hampshireboi wrote:
st_brendy wrote:Three down, suspect we can bin thoughts of a declaration now.

Shame our spinners don't fill me with confidence. Remember when we had Warne and then immy

I don't have much faith in Crane (hope, but not faith), but I do in Dawson. As I've said previously, for me Dawson should be captain. I imagine that he's loving being in the middle right now, right in the centre of some very important action.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru

st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby Hampshireboi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:30 pm

Thing is they keep mentioning this finger injury Dawson has and how it's affecting his spin 'revs' so that's gonna be s problem
Hampshireboi

Postby st_brendy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:31 pm

st_brendy wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:
haggishants wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:Anyone know if they can add on time at the end of the day. The floodlights can be switched on??

CC Rule 16.2.2 says they can make up to 30 minutes at the end of Days 1,2,3.

Cheers Haggis, not enough!

Looks like Warwickshire are slowly getting the upper hand in their game so we've essentially got to win our game now.

It'll be interesting how Warks play. Do they just bat and bat and bat, until they get bowled out - with half an eye on the fact that that the rain here is frustrating us, and hence a draw could well be enough for them. Or do they look to up the tempo at some point, and declare shortly before the close? Or do they do something in between, and leave it until half an hour or an hour into tomorrow to declare (if not already bowled out) to most likely remove the possibility of losing - afterall, they could shoot themselves right in the foot with an early declaration, if we don't win.

Umpire inspection currently taking place.

And it is still interesting. Lancs do not need to win. That game is at risk of getting to the stage where Lancs can just go out and block their way to safety, with every over which Warks use of batting.

Look, it makes no difference to us whether Warks win or draw. I don't care which of them we overtake, should we win.

And as I type, Warks declare.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru

st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby Hampshireboi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:33 pm

Warks have declared with a lead of 346. Thought they may bat on a bit to be honest.
Hampshireboi

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket