Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Tweet from Stuart Rayner:
News on Tom Latham is @DurhamCricket expect him to be out another 2-3wks. Sounds optimistic to me but there's a reason why I'm not a physio.
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby captaincolly » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:46 pm

captaincolly wrote:Tweet from Stuart Rayner:
News on Tom Latham is @DurhamCricket expect him to be out another 2-3wks. Sounds optimistic to me but there's a reason why I'm not a physio.

"A couple more weeks at least" according to Lewis.
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:07 am

What's Nigel's excuse?
westoelad

Postby captaincolly » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:41 am

westoelad wrote:

What's Nigel's excuse?

:lmao :clap
If Jennings is in the test squad we really will have a batting problem for the Derbyshire game and be looking dodgy for the T20. I'm with Rayner-stress fracture suggests a lengthy layoff to me even if he has had the injury for a few weeks already.
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:16 am

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:

What's Nigel's excuse?

:lmao :clap
If Jennings is in the test squad we really will have a batting problem for the Derbyshire game and be looking dodgy for the T20. I'm with Rayner-stress fracture suggests a lengthy layoff to me even if he has had the injury for a few weeks already.

Be interesting to see who opens in the 2nd inns of this game. Not too worried if Latham misses all the T20's -I don't think he'll significantly strengthen us in this format. Looking forward to Hickey,Harding and Urshad contributing.
westoelad

Postby captaincolly » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Interesting goings on at Gloucestershire- Colonel stood in as captain for their wicket keeper Gareth Roderick but it seems as if Phil has retained the captaincy but Roderick is now keeping wicket. I wondered if the BBC scorecard had made a mistake & had their roles reversed but a match report mentioned Mustard taking a blinding catch at mid-wicket.
That catch was to dismiss Luke Wright who was previously a victim of Colonel's bowling!
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:48 am

captaincolly wrote:Interesting goings on at Gloucestershire- Colonel stood in as captain for their wicket keeper Gareth Roderick but it seems as if Phil has retained the captaincy but Roderick is now keeping wicket. I wondered if the BBC scorecard had made a mistake & had their roles reversed but a match report mentioned Mustard taking a blinding catch at mid-wicket.
That catch was to dismiss Luke Wright who was previously a victim of Colonel's bowling!

That's been the situation most if not all of the season- not the bowling bit though.
westoelad

Postby captaincolly » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:19 am

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Interesting goings on at Gloucestershire- Colonel stood in as captain for their wicket keeper Gareth Roderick but it seems as if Phil has retained the captaincy but Roderick is now keeping wicket. I wondered if the BBC scorecard had made a mistake & had their roles reversed but a match report mentioned Mustard taking a blinding catch at mid-wicket.

That's been the situation most if not all of the season- not the bowling bit though.

Bowling bit was when he was still here - think Wright is his one Championship wicket.
captaincolly

Postby southwood » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:44 pm

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:

Bowling bit was when he was still here - think Wright is his one Championship wicket.

Looks as though Roderick has relinquished captaincy ,possibly on temporary basis ,after personal problems earlier in the season and then, unspecified, injury.
southwood

Postby westoelad » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:14 pm

Club officially announce 2 new directors -pleased to know that at least one is local and a Durham fan .
http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news/durham- ... directors/
Come to think of it the other one sounds Asian so pretty certain he'll also be a cricket lover.
westoelad

Postby Aidan11 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:25 pm

westoelad wrote:Club officially announce 2 new directors -pleased to know that at least one is local and a Durham fan .
http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news/durham- ... directors/
Come to think of it the other one sounds Asian so pretty certain he'll also be a cricket lover.

Desai was mentioned before. He's Beefy's solicitor.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby southwood » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Joseph Sherrington ,a former DCCC director who resigned in 2013,has been added to the list of those who have significant control .I presume this means the Golden Share holders.

Previously only Ian Howie,Bob Jackson and ken Frankish- ( golden share holders) were listed as having significant influence or control. Bryan Thubron, who no longer appears on the list, appears to have dropped out between the Oct 2015 Annual Return and the founding of the new company Durham Cricket Ltd.
Frankish was added to the golden share holders on 16th April 2016.
southwood

Postby westoelad » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:57 pm

southwood wrote:Joseph Sherrington ,a former DCCC director who resigned in 2013,has been added to the list of those who have significant control .I presume this means the Golden Share holders.

Previously only Ian Howie,Bob Jackson and ken Frankish- ( golden share holders) were listed as having significant influence or control. Bryan Thubron, who no longer appears on the list, appears to have dropped out between the Oct 2015 Annual Return and the founding of the new company Durham Cricket Ltd.
Frankish was added to the golden share holders on 16th April 2016.

That's good news-Frankish, Sherington and Jackson will always act in DCCC's best interests.
westoelad

Postby westoelad » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Encouraging news on the financial front- guaranteed white ball international each year http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... /?ref=ebls
westoelad

Postby Durhamfootman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:35 am

little mix concert is soon as well. that ought to make us some money. should be a sell out

it'd be interesting to find out how much the 2 concerts net us.
2024 Big Bash League FL
2023 County Championship D1 FL
2023 WI-SA combined FL
2023 Big Bash League FL
2022 County Championship D1 FL
2022 T20 Blast FL
2022 Ashes FL
2021 All Year Fantasy Competition
2021 ICC T20 World Cup FL
2021 Big Bash League FL
2020 SA-England combined FL
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL