Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:why is Gordon Muchall included in the list of England/Australia XI batsmen on the DCCC website?

after Diva and Mussy were voted into the opener slots, the choices for 3-5 are Boon, Colly, Katich, Borthdick, Jones and Muchall.

am I missing something?

It's an astonishing inditement of how few middle order batsmen we've produced in 25 years. Apart from Badger and Colly who else is there?
westoelad
 
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 pm

it is supposed to be an XI of Durham players to have played for either England or Australia. AFAIK Gordon hasn't played for either... perhaps he has... has he played for the lions or is it just that he's played for us against an Aussie A side, or something?
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 29876
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC
I've given up football

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:it is supposed to be an XI of Durham players to have played for either England or Australia. AFAIK Gordon hasn't played for either... perhaps he has... has he played for the lions or is it just that he's played for us against an Aussie A side, or something?

No,it's&s simply DCCC players who are either English or Australian. Gordon played England U19, no higher.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Increasing speculation on Twitter ( so may be totally inaccurate ) that Stokes will not face any criminal charges and could fly out to Australia within days.
I have a hunch that'll be what happens - if the police were going to charge him surely they would have done so by now.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 22135
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 pm

westoelad wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:it is supposed to be an XI of Durham players to have played for either England or Australia. AFAIK Gordon hasn't played for either... perhaps he has... has he played for the lions or is it just that he's played for us against an Aussie A side, or something?

No,it's&s simply DCCC players who are either English or Australian. Gordon played England U19, no higher.

yes, you are right. I re-read it and it doesn't mention test cricket anywhere
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 29876
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC
I've given up football

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 am

captaincolly wrote:Increasing speculation on Twitter ( so may be totally inaccurate ) that Stokes will not face any criminal charges and could fly out to Australia within days.
I have a hunch that'll be what happens - if the police were going to charge him surely they would have done so by now.

It would make sense if he travels unannounced otherwise imagine the media circus when he arrives.
Sense?-ECB?-silly me.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 am

who are the ECB? Has their name changed?
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 29876
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC
I've given up football

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:52 am

Durhamfootman wrote:who are the ECB? Has their name changed?

Sunday best behaviour!
westoelad
 
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:53 am

fair enough

probably wise
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 29876
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC
I've given up football

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:07 pm

westoelad wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:who are the ECB? Has their name changed?

Sunday best behaviour!

:lol:
captaincolly
 
Posts: 22135
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Barmy Army tweeting that Stokes is now in Perth. Lions are due their next week. England play CAXI on 9th-12th Dec. with 3rd test commencing 14th. Stick it up 'em Ben.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:48 pm

westoelad wrote:Barmy Army tweeting that Stokes is now in Perth. Lions are due their next week. England play CAXI on 9th-12th Dec. with 3rd test commencing 14th. Stick it up 'em Ben.

Let's hope so! There's a definite change of tone in the media reports so they must have been given some info that he is going to play.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 22135
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Will Gidman has agreed a contract extension with Kent, so that kills any return speculation. They haven't disclosed how long the extension is for
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 29876
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC
I've given up football

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:35 pm

2018 Fixtures are released on Tues 28th Nov. at 5pm for T20 blast and the following day at 11am for CC and 1 day cup. Source the Cricketpaper.
Why in separate batches? Ask FTECB.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Who's Sorry Now: Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:11 pm

westoelad wrote:2018 Fixtures are released on Tues 28th Nov. at 5pm for T20 blast and the following day at 11am for CC and 1 day cup. Source the Cricketpaper.
Why in separate batches? Ask FTECB.

Typical of FTECB to overcomplicate what should be a simple announcement!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 22135
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests