All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:03 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:I saw that on look north recently

I think they do that every year, but it is a nice touch. Presumably it means Stokesy is having a rest for Christmas ahead of the Windies tour

I think this was an extra visit after the GNCH to an individual whose family are heavily involved at LanchesterCC. 3 of the visitors are father's to young children -they'd have been only too happy to go
Likewise, may I wish all the very best to fellow posters.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:31 pm

westoelad wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:I saw that on look north recently

I think they do that every year, but it is a nice touch. Presumably it means Stokesy is having a rest for Christmas ahead of the Windies tour

I think this was an extra visit after the GNCH to an individual whose family are heavily involved at LanchesterCC. 3 of the visitors are father's to young children -they'd have been only too happy to go
Likewise, may I wish all the very best to fellow posters.

Merry Christmas everyone and here's hoping for a successful 2019 season!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25602
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:00 am

Happy New Year to all fellow posters -we're now more than half way through the close season!
So who would be your dream coaching team or, more realistically, what will be the actual coaching team?
Reckon Killeen will be head coach, Lowe assistant Academy coach and fear the batting coach will be an underwhelming appointment.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:54 am

what is the new backroom structure? I confess I lose track

HNY to all the Durhamites
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 36814
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:what is the new backroom structure? I confess I lose track

HNY to all the Durhamites

I fear DCCC have also lost track.
Head Coach post has not been advertised so presumably redundant now there is a DoC and presumably why JJ left.

DoC :Marcus North
Bowling Coach :Neil Killeen
Batting Coach TBA
2nd Team Coach :Alan Walker
Academy Manager :John Windows
Assistant Academy Manager :TBA.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:08 pm

club website has James Lowe in post as AAM
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 36814
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:club website has James Lowe in post as AAM

Yes but currently unsalaried. The assumption is that he'll be promoted to a formal salaried post.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:45 pm

westoelad wrote:Happy New Year to all fellow posters -we're now more than half way through the close season!
So who would be your dream coaching team or, more realistically, what will be the actual coaching team?
Reckon Killeen will be head coach, Lowe assistant Academy coach and fear the batting coach will be an underwhelming appointment.

Happy new year to everyone.
Killeen as head coach sounds like a distinct possibility. I also think you're right about the batting coach, Trott would be excellent but it'll probably be some ex-domestic cricketer known to North but not to many others!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25602
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:14 pm

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:Happy New Year to all fellow posters -we're now more than half way through the close season!
So who would be your dream coaching team or, more realistically, what will be the actual coaching team?
Reckon Killeen will be head coach, Lowe assistant Academy coach and fear the batting coach will be an underwhelming appointment.

Happy new year to everyone.
Killeen as head coach sounds like a distinct possibility. I also think you're right about the batting coach, Trott would be excellent but it'll probably be some ex-domestic cricketer known to North but not to many others!

The job specification states an essential qualification is having played 1st class cricket. However, a left field choice could be Mike Fishwick, cricket coach at Durham School. Highly rated, apparently, in the 1st class game.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:03 pm

is he cheap?
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 36814
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:is he cheap?

Probably!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25602
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:37 pm

captaincolly wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:is he cheap?

Probably!

I would imagine he could still retain his present post and also fulfil the County one.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:45 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:is he cheap?

Probably!

I would imagine he could still retain his present post and also fulfil the County one.

Yes. I'd forgotten the role isn't a full time one.
The best players don't automatically make the best coaches so a lesser known name wouldn't necessarily be a sign of trying to do things on the cheap.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25602
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:53 pm

Just remembered that Fishwick and North are ex Western Australia team mates and both about the same age. Most likely big buddies-old pals act.The plot thickens!
westoelad
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:06 pm

westoelad wrote:Just remembered that Fishwick and North are ex Western Australia team mates and both about the same age. Most likely big buddies-old pals act.The plot thickens!

In that case he must be a good bet for the job!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25602
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron