All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby andy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:34 pm

Jeez i didn't know he had retired from playing lol!
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner



Essex CCC county champions
andy
 
Posts: 18395
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm
Location: Essex
Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby meninblue » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:35 pm

James Franklin as coach is shocking. He was playing till last year, did commentary at year end in some matches. Which and how much experience does he has as a coach. Even cash strapped franchisees of Bangladesh Premiere league and Pakistan Super League have better coaches. In fact even the T10 franchisee tournament in UAE had renowned coaches.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
User avatar
meninblue
 
Posts: 23527
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 am

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 pm

andy wrote:Jeez i didn't know he had retired from playing lol!

I'm sure he was playing last year so he must have just retired-unless he's planning to play for us! Surely not.
meninblue wrote:James Franklin as coach is shocking. He was playing till last year, did commentary at year end in some matches. Which and how much experience does he has as a coach. Even cash strapped franchisees of Bangladesh Premiere league and Pakistan Super League have better coaches. In fact even the T10 franchisee tournament in UAE had renowned coaches.

It'd be typical of Durham if they have gone for the cheapest option. To be fair though I thought he was a good pundit on Sky and gave the impression he knew what he was talking about- we'll soon find out!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 26228
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:51 pm

I have no doubt that he was the cheapest option who met the selection criteria

I wish him well, though. At least he will be trying to make an impression, so lets hope it's a positive one
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 38158
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:58 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:I have no doubt that he was the cheapest option who met the selection criteria

I wish him well, though. At least he will be trying to make an impression, so lets hope it's a positive one

Yes, let's hope for the best. All of these split roles and odd sounding titles - Lead High Performance Coach doesn't exactly trip off the tongue!- sounds overly complicated to me but time will tell.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 26228
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:07 pm

High performance coach!-well you're hardly going to recruit a low performance coach.
But
All's well according to our DoC.
https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/106 ... rcus-north
westoelad
 
Posts: 6134
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:08 am

westoelad wrote:High performance coach!-well you're hardly going to recruit a low performance coach.
But
All's well according to our DoC.
https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/106 ... rcus-north

Killeen as Assistant Lead and Bowling High Performance Coach and Walker is High Performance Assistant Coach!

North seems to be perfecting the art of stating the obvious. I think the disastrous England test batting displays are a result of playing the majority of 4 day games at either end of the season so if we are to have a good season the bowling attack will have to be fit and firing.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 26228
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:24 am

Durham have a pre-season tour to S. Africa in mid-Match according to the DoC in an interview in the CricketPaper. Also could be an announcement on a T20 player before that tour. Nice of the club to keep members informed on such matters!!
westoelad
 
Posts: 6134
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:14 pm

westoelad wrote:Durham have a pre-season tour to S. Africa in mid-Match according to the DoC in an interview in the CricketPaper. Also could be an announcement on a T20 player before that tour. Nice of the club to keep members informed on such matters!!

Yep! I wonder if Tahir could return?
captaincolly
 
Posts: 26228
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:05 pm

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:Durham have a pre-season tour to S. Africa in mid-Match according to the DoC in an interview in the CricketPaper. Also could be an announcement on a T20 player before that tour. Nice of the club to keep members informed on such matters!!

Yep! I wonder if Tahir could return?

Hope he does-he's the only T20 overseas signing who has significantly improved team results.
westoelad
 
Posts: 6134
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:10 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:Durham have a pre-season tour to S. Africa in mid-Match according to the DoC in an interview in the CricketPaper. Also could be an announcement on a T20 player before that tour. Nice of the club to keep members informed on such matters!!

Yep! I wonder if Tahir could return?

Hope he does-he's the only T20 overseas signing who has significantly improved team results.

I agree.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 26228
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Ryan Davies is leaving - " personal reasons."
https://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news-and-me ... an-davies/
captaincolly
 
Posts: 26228
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm

odd
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 38158
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:23 pm

westoelad wrote:All's well according to our DoC.

thank goodness for that, otherwise I might have been worried
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 38158
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Alviro Patterson » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 am

meninblue wrote:James Franklin as coach is shocking. He was playing till last year, did commentary at year end in some matches. Which and how much experience does he has as a coach. Even cash strapped franchisees of Bangladesh Premiere league and Pakistan Super League have better coaches. In fact even the T10 franchisee tournament in UAE had renowned coaches.


I'd rather have James Franklin as Yorkshire Head Coach than Andrew Gale tbh
In Phil Parkinson we trust
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed"
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory"

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
User avatar
Alviro Patterson
 
Posts: 17033
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:07 pm
Location: Loiner City Region
Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Durhamfootman and 3 guests

cron