All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:03 pm

Perhaps Lewis could free up some more cash for us, by buggering off?
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 36358
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:52 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:Perhaps Lewis could free up some more cash for us, by buggering off?

:lmao
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25473
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:Perhaps Lewis could free up some more cash for us, by buggering off?

I imagine Lewis is on a pittance so that wouldn't get us much of a player. It's batting conditions rather than financial restrictions that prevent good batsmen being signed by Durham imo. North should make his priorities getting the toss rule rescinded and appointing a top batting coach. With these in place we'd produce quality batsmen from within.
On a separate tac, with Strauss stepping down what price Flower becoming permanent director of England cricket and Colly replacing him as manager of the Lions?
westoelad
 
Posts: 5962
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:58 pm

westoelad wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:Perhaps Lewis could free up some more cash for us, by buggering off?

I imagine Lewis is on a pittance so that wouldn't get us much of a player. It's batting conditions rather than financial restrictions that prevent good batsmen being signed by Durham imo. North should make his priorities getting the toss rule rescinded and appointing a top batting coach. With these in place we'd produce quality batsmen from within.
On a separate tac, with Strauss stepping down what price Flower becoming permanent director of England cricket and Colly replacing him as manager of the Lions?

That sounds entirely plausible to me. Flower would seem to be the obvious successor ( think he's been doing the job when Strauss was on a leave of absence ) and the Lions would be a good first step on the ladder for Colly.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25473
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:22 pm

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:Perhaps Lewis could free up some more cash for us, by buggering off?

I imagine Lewis is on a pittance so that wouldn't get us much of a player. It's batting conditions rather than financial restrictions that prevent good batsmen being signed by Durham imo. North should make his priorities getting the toss rule rescinded and appointing a top batting coach. With these in place we'd produce quality batsmen from within.
On a separate tac, with Strauss stepping down what price Flower becoming permanent director of England cricket and Colly replacing him as manager of the Lions?

That sounds entirely plausible to me. Flower would seem to be the obvious successor ( think he's been doing the job when Strauss was on a leave of absence ) and the Lions would be a good first step on the ladder for Colly.

Yes, entirely plausible so in reality no chance with FTECB.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5962
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:47 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:Perhaps Lewis could free up some more cash for us, by buggering off?

I imagine Lewis is on a pittance so that wouldn't get us much of a player. It's batting conditions rather than financial restrictions that prevent good batsmen being signed by Durham imo. North should make his priorities getting the toss rule rescinded and appointing a top batting coach. With these in place we'd produce quality batsmen from within.
On a separate tac, with Strauss stepping down what price Flower becoming permanent director of England cricket and Colly replacing him as manager of the Lions?

That sounds entirely plausible to me. Flower would seem to be the obvious successor ( think he's been doing the job when Strauss was on a leave of absence ) and the Lions would be a good first step on the ladder for Colly.

Yes, entirely plausible so in reality no chance with FTECB.

:lol:
True!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25473
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Hat-trick for Imram Tahir against Zimbabwe. Strange scores - SA all out for 198 ( with Dale Steyn top scoring with 60 ) and Zimbabwe are 64/9. Tahir has 5 for 16 in 4 overs.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25473
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:54 pm

captaincolly wrote:Hat-trick for Imram Tahir against Zimbabwe. Strange scores - SA all out for 198 ( with Dale Steyn top scoring with 60 ) and Zimbabwe are 64/9. Tahir has 5 for 16 in 4 overs.

He finished with 6 for 24 in 6 overs. Zimbabwe all out for 78 and lost by 120 runs!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25473
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:16 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:Perhaps Lewis could free up some more cash for us, by buggering off?

I imagine Lewis is on a pittance so that wouldn't get us much of a player. It's batting conditions rather than financial restrictions that prevent good batsmen being signed by Durham imo. North should make his priorities getting the toss rule rescinded and appointing a top batting coach. With these in place we'd produce quality batsmen from within.
On a separate tac, with Strauss stepping down what price Flower becoming permanent director of England cricket and Colly replacing him as manager of the Lions?

That sounds entirely plausible to me. Flower would seem to be the obvious successor ( think he's been doing the job when Strauss was on a leave of absence ) and the Lions would be a good first step on the ladder for Colly.

Yes, entirely plausible so in reality no chance with FTECB.

According to The Times Flower is unlikely to apply for the full time role - Ashley Giles gets mentioned as a possibility!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25473
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:46 pm

they'll probably give it to Zoe Ball
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 36358
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:58 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:they'll probably give it to Zoe Ball

:lol: Thinking outside the box!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25473
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby westoelad » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:19 pm

captaincolly wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:they'll probably give it to Zoe Ball

:lol: Thinking outside the box!

More frightening Angus Fraser was mentioned-and he's well in at Lords. Fortunately Strauss remains in an advisory capacity but unfortunately the Muppets at FTECB appear reluctant to accept advice.
westoelad
 
Posts: 5962
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:28 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:they'll probably give it to Zoe Ball

:lol: Thinking outside the box!

More frightening Angus Fraser was mentioned-and he's well in at Lords. Fortunately Strauss remains in an advisory capacity but unfortunately the Muppets at FTECB appear reluctant to accept advice.

They'll probably listen to his advice and then do the opposite!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25473
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby Durhamfootman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:30 pm

perhaps they'll relocate ECB HQ to Gravesend?
2017 Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-SouthAfrica test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 36358
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: All Pretty Vacant, Down by the Riverside

Postby captaincolly » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:perhaps they'll relocate ECB HQ to Gravesend?

:lol:
captaincolly
 
Posts: 25473
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests