Durham Match Thread 2018

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Durham Match Thread 2018

Postby westoelad » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:25 pm

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Century for Carse and half century for Weighell for the seconds against Worcestershire.
https://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news-and-me ... stershire/

Carse and Weighell both back bowling in Worcs 2nd inns.

Excellent, let's hope neither has any adverse reactions.

With Pringle figures of 7-3-10-3 to win game by 210 runs.
westoelad

Postby captaincolly » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:52 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Century for Carse and half century for Weighell for the seconds against Worcestershire.
https://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news-and-me ... stershire/

Carse and Weighell both back bowling in Worcs 2nd inns.

Excellent, let's hope neither has any adverse reactions.

With Pringle figures of 7-3-10-3 to win game by 210 runs.

They've had a successful week. Very encouraging. Maybe Pringle is finding form at the right time with the T20's not too far away.
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby Aidan11 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:19 am

Two wins in the CC so far, both of which might have been entertaining for the neutral observer but worn out all the fingernails of durham supporters.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby captaincolly » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Aidan11 wrote:Two wins in the CC so far, both of which might have been entertaining for the neutral observer but worn out all the fingernails of durham supporters.

Good to see you back!
Yes, very nervy and they can't keep relying in miraculous comebacks. The worry must be we haven't come up against the top teams yet - start badly against any of them and I think it'll be curtains.
The upcoming floodlit CC game against Warwickshire has the potential for disaster. Sussex away next week another tough test
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:04 pm

captaincolly wrote:
Aidan11 wrote:Two wins in the CC so far, both of which might have been entertaining for the neutral observer but worn out all the fingernails of durham supporters.

Good to see you back!
Yes, very nervy and they can't keep relying in miraculous comebacks. The worry must be we haven't come up against the top teams yet - start badly against any of them and I think it'll be curtains.
The upcoming floodlit CC game against Warwickshire has the potential for disaster. Sussex away next week another tough test

But who are these top teams?.Fact is apart from Warks twice all our remaining opponents are currently below us in the table.
westoelad

Postby captaincolly » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:11 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:

Good to see you back!

But who are these top teams?.Fact is apart from Warks twice all our remaining opponents are currently below us in the table.

Good point about the remaining opponents being below us!
I haven't followed the other results very closely so am probably just guessing but I have the impression that Warwickshire, Kent, Sussex and Middlesex are a fair bit stronger.
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:25 pm

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:

Good to see you back!

I haven't followed the other results very closely so am probably just guessing but I have the impression that Warwickshire, Kent, Sussex and Middlesex are a fair bit stronger.

Bit tongue in cheek my comment. But Sussex have Jordon and Archer back but have been underachieving for a few years. Don't rate Warks attack but I believe they have a left arm steamer who seems to be a bogey man to certain teams. :hide
If Kent if or were to lose Henry they'd be a different team.
westoelad

Postby captaincolly » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:43 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:

Good to see you back!

Bit tongue in cheek my comment. But Sussex have Jordon and Archer back but have been underachieving for a few years. Don't rate Warks attack but I believe they have a left arm steamer who seems to be a bogey man to certain teams. :hide
If Kent if or were to lose Henry they'd be a different team.

Henry must be one of the best signings of the season, seems to star in every innings. Agree about Sussex, I always expect them to either go up or just miss out but they always seem to underachieve.
Keith Barker in the first session with the pink ball! :scared Maybe we should do what Worcestershire did and open with some late order sluggers!
captaincolly

Postby Durhamfootman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:11 pm

I didn't think that Henry was a season long signing, but I could be wrong. I have been wondering whether the RL50 SF is when he signs off

perhaps I'm clutching at straws
2024 Big Bash League FL
2023 County Championship D1 FL
2023 WI-SA combined FL
2023 Big Bash League FL
2022 County Championship D1 FL
2022 T20 Blast FL
2022 Ashes FL
2021 All Year Fantasy Competition
2021 ICC T20 World Cup FL
2021 Big Bash League FL
2020 SA-England combined FL
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL
2019 NZ-England test FL
2019 WI-India combined FL
2019 The Open Golf FL
2019 French Open Tennis FL
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-South Africa test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Postby captaincolly » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:I didn't think that Henry was a season long signing, but I could be wrong. I have been wondering whether the RL50 SF is when he signs off

You're right. He signed for the first half of the season only. Don't know who is replacement will be but whoever it is surely can't have the same impact.
captaincolly

Postby st_brendy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:I didn't think that Henry was a season long signing, but I could be wrong. I have been wondering whether the RL50 SF is when he signs off

They signed him up to the start of the t20s, I believe. So he still has another two CC matches to go yet (plus the one day final, I presume, should they get there).
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby captaincolly » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Colly is back for the Sussex game but Richardson isn't. The Irish/Scots contingent are still away. According to Martin Emmerson Salisbury will be staying with us for the rest of the season.
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm

captaincolly wrote:Colly is back for the Sussex game but Richardson isn't. The Irish/Scots contingent are still away. According to Martin Emmerson Salisbury will be staying with us for the rest of the season.

Colly in for Jones only change then assuming Steel fit. Colly needs runs....?
westoelad

Postby captaincolly » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:17 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Colly is back for the Sussex game but Richardson isn't. The Irish/Scots contingent are still away. According to Martin Emmerson Salisbury will be staying with us for the rest of the season.

Colly in for Jones then assuming Steel fit. Colly needs runs....?

Yep. Until he gets a good score the feeling that this might be a season too far will just get stronger.
captaincolly

Postby westoelad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Squad vs Sussex (20-23 June)
Paul Collingwood (c), Cameron Steel, Tom Latham, Will Smith, Graham Clark, Gareth Harte, Stuart Poynter (wk), Ryan Pringle, Nathan Rimmington, Josh Coughlin, Chris Rushworth, Matt Salisbury, Gavin Main

Beats me how Main makes the squad.
Weighell, McCarthy and Carse all bowling for 2nd in T20v Yorkies.
That's why Main's with 1st. Want to give above 3 match practise.
westoelad

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket