County Championship 2018 Chat Thread.

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: County Championship 2018 Chat Thread.

Postby Alviro Patterson » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:16 am

sussexpob wrote:
westoelad wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:Lees had failed in CC1 for a long time. He had every chance.

Yes but why? He's a proven CC player. There's clear disenchantment in the ranks and today's capitulation smells of mutiny.

Yeah, somethings not right. Lots of players seemingly jumping ship to pastures new.

Lees and the Head Coach with a "difference of opinion" to put it mildly, stemmed back as far as 2016. Leesy has done right in finding a new club.

Will Rhodes either found himself opening the batting, or at 8 as a 4th bowler.

Wouldn't blame Jack Leaning if he also wants a move, far too good to be bench warming. Can never understand why he got overlooked for Kohler-Cadmore at Boro.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:07 pm

For Yorkshire's CC1 fixture at home to Somerset tomorrow, Benco is still out, and David Willey again captains with Patterson out. Tim is being rested. Williamson is in the 14.

Lyth/Brook/Williamson/Ballance/Leaning/K-Cadmore
Tattersall
Poysden
Willey/Fisher/Brooks/Shaw/Wainman/Pillans

Mat Pillans is a SA pace bowler who has signed for three years. Averages under 28 in fc cricket at home. 27 years old, has been at Surrey since 2016.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:23 am

Yorks going in without a spinner (there's Lyth, and Kane could throw a few down). Early wicket for Brooks.

Somerset seem to have Azhar Ali, the Pakistan captain at the crease.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:34 am

9-2, and a wicket for the other of the Northants academy opening bowlers, David Willey.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Not doing as well as the present N'hants bowlers though!

Big stand between Azhar and the in-form Hildreth.

Spinner?
Arthur Crabtree

Postby The Professor » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:53 pm

Haseeb out for a duck.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby captaincolly » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:07 pm

The Professor wrote:Haseeb out for a duck.

I can't believe how badly he's doing. Must have no luck at all either because you'd think he'd at least have a streaky innnngs every now and again. Confidence must be shot.
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby westoelad » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Officially Bresnan is being "rested"- heavens he's only being bowling 4 overs a game for the past 2 months. He's certainly not the force he was but He's still got 22 wkts at <30 this season. I know he's just agreed a 2 year contract( has he signed it?). Not another one who's fell out with the coach? His brother-in-law?
westoelad

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:35 am

Five for Jack Brooks against his new county. 399 is a huge sheer cliff face for this Yorks batting to scale though. Maybe Williamson will get half.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote: 399 is a huge sheer cliff face for this Yorks batting to scale though. Maybe Williamson will get half.

Gets an early bat with Brook going.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby sussexpob » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:48 pm

captaincolly wrote:

I can't believe how badly he's doing. Must have no luck at all either because you'd think he'd at least have a streaky innnngs every now and again. Confidence must be shot.

I find it interesting that, his old man when he joined Lancs still did his coaching for a time, as it was seen that he worked better with him and that the dad knew his game inside out. I believe its been reported that on joining the county, the county staff literally just let the two use their facilities and get down to it. Enter King Flower, master coach and player development guru, and after a few sessions hes managed to turn him into a tailender.

I believe Hameed has said he wants to go back to working the way he used to, with his dad coaching him. Said fairly recently he much prefers it.

:hmmm There seems to be a constant in this era of England not finding any batters, but I cant work it out ..... :dunno :hmmm
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby captaincolly » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:53 pm

sussexpob wrote:
captaincolly wrote:

I find it interesting that, his old man when he joined Lancs still did his coaching for a time, as it was seen that he worked better with him and that the dad knew his game inside out. I believe its been reported that on joining the county, the county staff literally just let the two use their facilities and get down to it. Enter King Flower, master coach and player development guru, and after a few sessions hes managed to turn him into a tailender.

I believe Hameed has said he wants to go back to working the way he used to, with his dad coaching him. Said fairly recently he much prefers it.

:hmmm There seems to be a constant in this era of England not finding any batters, but I cant work it out ..... :dunno :hmmm

That sounds about right. So many players seem to regress as soon as they get involved with the England setup.
captaincolly

Postby captaincolly » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Andrew Hodd making the most of his unexpected recall with a half century against Somerset.
captaincolly

Postby andy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:57 pm

Our batsman have finally found form, 318-5, Half centuries for Chopra, Ravi, Lawrence etc....about time! Fidel going at 5 an over!
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby captaincolly » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:20 pm

captaincolly wrote:Andrew Hodd making the most of his unexpected recall with a half century against Somerset.

84 not out at the close. Maybe he shouldn't be retiring - we could use him at Durham!!
captaincolly

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket