Oz Watch

Read the more in depth thoughts of our posters on various cricketing issues, topics and events - and please take the opportunity to leave feedback and enter into debate.

Re: Oz Watch

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Refuse to play with each other which is why Clarke isn't in the T20 side, and Bailey isn't going to SA...
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby from_the_stands » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Refuse to play with each other which is why Clarke isn't in the T20 side, and Bailey isn't going to SA...

Bailey isn't in the Test squad because he got dropped. Clarke isn't in the T20 squad because he retired from T20I's before he got dropped. They played with each other during the ODI series, which concluded only the other day. The only rift I've seen this summer (other than the Oz v England thing) is the one between KP and the rest of the world.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:59 pm

There are other possible explanations. The one I mentioned seems the most likely to me.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby from_the_stands » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:There are other possible explanations. The one I mentioned seems the most likely to me.

Yeah right, caused most likely by George Bailey sending text message to KP telling him what a crap captain Pup is, I'm guessing. Come to think of it, you could be right. I might even ring my buddy, Malcolm Conn up and mention it to him.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby GarlicJam » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:12 pm

You are in danger of being labelled the forum troll, Arthur.

I know at times, the Australian team has appeared to have been following a movie script, and the England team do so constantly, but it's all happy campers under Uncle Boof.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Mentioned Root in the text, which apparently is an Australian swear word.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:18 pm

I think there was something about them falling out over the team song?
Arthur Crabtree

Postby GarlicJam » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 pm

How could anyone, even Clarke or Jimmy Anderson, not love Smilin George?
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:11 pm

Dunno. I read somewhere Clarke and Bailey didn't get on.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby andy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:32 pm

yeah im not buying that Arthur...are you sure your not trying to stir something up ;)
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby from_the_stands » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:33 am

Luke Pommersbach is out of cricket for the forseeable future due to depression. I can't say I'm surprised. It's a shame following the massive season he had for the Bulls in 13/14.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:58 am

Obviously sorry to hear that. Yet another cricketer with that problem.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby sussexpob » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:19 am

from_the_stands wrote:Luke Pommersbach is out of cricket for the forseeable future due to depression. I can't say I'm surprised. It's a shame following the massive season he had for the Bulls in 13/14.

The boy has had problems off the pitch all his life, but those are often closely related to much deeper concerns from a personal level. Hopefully he can get himself back and in gold colours before the end of his career. Good luck to him :salute
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby The Professor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Looking at this ODI squad would anyone disagree this is the worst Australian team this millennium?
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby andy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:31 pm

They;re badly missing, Warner, Smith, and Mitch Marsh.... and injuries to Starc, Cummins, hazelwood are killing them too
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

PreviousNext

Return to Cricketing Blogs