Bloomin' Heck: The Red Rose 2016

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Bloomin' Heck: The Red Rose 2016

Postby Making_Splinters » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Yes, though I'd suspect we'll register him for everything.

Not sure how I feel about McLaren, he did ok with the bat for Hants, but I think he was a let down with the ball?
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Making_Splinters » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:12 pm

AP has been charged with fixing by CSA. Not a good sign.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Durhamfootman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:03 pm

I suppose that with the global rise of T20, the number of incidents like this are likely to only increase.
2024 Big Bash League FL
2023 County Championship D1 FL
2023 WI-SA combined FL
2023 Big Bash League FL
2022 County Championship D1 FL
2022 T20 Blast FL
2022 Ashes FL
2021 All Year Fantasy Competition
2021 ICC T20 World Cup FL
2021 Big Bash League FL
2020 SA-England combined FL
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL
2019 NZ-England test FL
2019 WI-India combined FL
2019 The Open Golf FL
2019 French Open Tennis FL
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-South Africa test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Postby sussexpob » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:34 am

Making_Splinters wrote:AP has been charged with fixing by CSA. Not a good sign.

Any idea what the specifics of the case are? What I have seen is very vague
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby westoelad » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:48 am

sussexpob wrote:

Detail here.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica ... 66029.html
westoelad

Postby sussexpob » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:24 pm

westoelad wrote:
sussexpob wrote:

Detail here.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica ... 66029.html

Thanks.

This article makes it sound like the charge is a little unfair, if its true he was the whistleblower and was going along with it while an investigation was being made into it, so as to not blow his cover.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby westoelad » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Charges refer to T20 in SAffer 2015. So ICC are aware of this yet Petersen is allowed to play for Lancs throughout 2016 scoring>1000 runs thus influencing the result of several games with Lancs finishing only 10pts clear of relegation. Doubt if Lancs knew about it until now but why wasn't Petersen suspended by ICC and the matter dealt with quicker?
westoelad

Postby westoelad » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Giles to return to Warks and Chapple to step up at Lancs. according to Dobell who's well in at Edgbaston. Got to be Good news for Lancs.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cric ... 66408.html
westoelad

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:57 pm

I don't know why people seem to think Giles leaving is a good thing. He's gotten us promoted and won limited overs silverware, not to mention keeping us up last season. Hardly a terrible return. Why would Chapple do better? He's been involved in most of our worst signings over the last few years.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Alviro Patterson » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:22 am

Making_Splinters wrote:I don't know why people seem to think Giles leaving is a good thing. He's gotten us promoted and won limited overs silverware, not to mention keeping us up last season. Hardly a terrible return. Why would Chapple do better? He's been involved in most of our worst signings over the last few years.

Along with the emergence of academy players making the 1st team, including a certain Hameed. Giles laid a platform whereas Moores failed to do so, despite the latter being more prolific in that department for Sussex.

Are Lancashire trying to do outdo Yorkshire in appointing the most passionate Head Coach?
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby sussexpob » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:35 am

Moores won the first county championship at Lancs since 1934, and the first in nearly 200 years for Sussex, and it was his test picks that formed the basis of one of England's most successful periods in international cricket in decades...... if it was that easy to find the talent, then why has England failed since Moores' picks have disappeared?

Lancashire fans criticising him is beyond me. He should rightfully be a hero there for winning them at county championship, with a pretty weak line up in comparison to others around. He will always be a hero of mine, transformed our county from a crap one into a very successful one. Slagging Moores off seems too common. His achievements in his only two county jobs are historical, and there is a case that he is the best coach in county cricket available.

sussexpob

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:10 pm

He was a two time loser with England, and hugely protected by the press (rather than being over criticised, he was backed almost to the end). Hardly surprising his reputation. His consultancy has just taken a decent Notts side down too. Maybe it feels like his success with the counties was half a generation ago?

I thought he took Lancs down too? Could be wrong.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby sussexpob » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Lancs got relegated after he left. He won a championship with them, the next man couldnt keep them up. And his role at Notts was to coach the coaches, he had no decision making role with regards to selection or player coaching. He just got the head coach role after their relegation, so its interesting to see what he does.

And I think you are as aware as me that the double failures with England came at times where it is debatable even the best and proven international coaches would be able to turn those situations round quickly. The 2nd stint, its arguable how much say he had considering the remanents of the previous failed regime all got promoted and retained their own power and influence. And in the first stint, England had been battered in Pakistan, failed to beat Sri Lanka at home, and annihilated in a world cup and Ashes Tour that ended in the whole game mourning and the unprecedented Schofield Report.... it wasnt like he was coming into a team bang in form in either case.

Only man to win a CC with more than one team.

sussexpob

Postby sussexpob » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:41 pm

I do appreciate that his return was a circus, I didnt support his second England go at all. But I do appreciate that we were all hunting like sharks at the time due to a rather p*ssed off feeling towards the ECB

sussexpob

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:51 pm

Fair enough. Just that there's another side to it, which was far more exposing. And it's not just that his tenures with England were unsuccessful, for a variety of reasons, but his reputation was damaged through 1) Crashing the team when in charge through internal divisions brought about by unpopular training methods that led to outright rebellion 2)Crashing the team through being wedded to tactics that wouldn't work and he seemed unable to change. Towards the end he appeared to only be having a negative influence, seemingly demonstrated by the immediate improvements when he left. It's easy to understand why he has a poor reputation.

I've heard it said that Flower got his micro-management method from Moores. Can't know if that's true. Though Flower gives a lot of credit to Moores for his coaching ideas.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket