Abbott & Rossouw: county or country?

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: SL tour of SA, Dec 18 - Feb 10

Postby rich1uk » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:53 pm

not sure who you are not agreeing with SP as i think most of the posts on this page are saying the same thing as you, just more diplomatically :halo:
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby shankycricket » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:59 pm

mikesiva wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:I doubt any of it is due to the Apartheid, majority of people leave SA because of money, and a better life away from SA.
Why live in a country that declining in economy and got social issues.
Suspect majority of the South African would live in South Africa if they feel wanted and if the country economy had a better prospect.
Not a good sign when majority of the educated or skill people are leaving at the same time.

South Africa will be a far better country if the corrupted Zuma leaves.
you really can't blame people to leave if they can easily move countries, because any sane person would be moving out of SA at the moment.

Really the key point why people are leaving in droves is because with Zuma in charge SA will not give their children the resources, good life, good school, safe home etc that you will get anywhere in the world.

I find it rich that an India fan is calling South Africa corrupt...that's like the pot calling the kettle black!
:point
And why would you leave one corrupt country for another?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 54851.html

'Britain is the most corrupt country in the world, according to journalist Roberto Saviano, who spent more than a decade exposing the criminal dealings of the Italian Mafia. Mr Saviano, who wrote the best-selling exposés Gomorrah and ZeroZeroZero, made the comments at the Hay Literary Festival. The 36-year-old has been living under police protection since publishing revelations about members of the Camorra, a powerful Neapolitan branch of the mafia, in 2006. He told an audience at Hay-on-Wye: “If I asked you what is the most corrupt place on Earth you might tell me well it’s Afghanistan, maybe Greece, Nigeria, the South of Italy and I will tell you it’s the UK."'

No, the issue is not corruption. The issue is money versus patriotism, and Abbott has chosen money over patriotism. In much the same way that Pollard and Russell choose making money playing T20 cricket over playing Tests for the West Indies. At least, where Russell is concerned, the West Indies are not a country. Russell is very patriotic about playing for his real country, Jamaica. But Abbott has chosen to make money as a Kolpak for Hampshire over playing Tests for his country, South Africa. Of the three corrupt countries, England and India still pay their players a good wage. South Africa cannot afford to do so. That's the sole reason for Abbott choosing to become a Kolpak. Talk of quotas is just an attempt to distract from Abbott's pursuit of the pound. Come on, Kyle, be honest!
:halo:
White South Africans were a lot more patriotic when their country was under apartheid, than they are now that their country is under the ANC.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-afric ... 75682.html

"The board has spent the last two days in meetings with Abbott's agent, Weber van Wyk, but they were unable to come to any arrangement that will convince Abbott to stay in South Africa, and his contract has been terminated with immediate effect. It was also confirmed that batsman Rilee Rossouw will be joining Abbott at Hampshire , also on a Kolpak deal."

There we go...another white Saffer, Rossuow.

Lest we forget, in all the whites-only elections since 1948, the pro-apartheid National Party won election after election. The anti-apartheid parties before 1992 got hardly any seats. It was only when black, coloured and Asian people were given the vote that the ANC won. I don't think a lot of these white Saffers have changed their spots....
8-)
But now Abbott has moved on, and so has Rossuow. It's unfortunate, but it's time to move on with players who are committed to the future of South African cricket. For the final Test, Abbott should be replaced by Wayne Parnell or Duanne Oliver. If South African cricket was as dominated by quotas as the English and Indian cricket media would have us believe, Parnell would've played this series instead of Abbott.

Instead, Abbott played, and now he's gone, in pursuit of the pound. Tell the truth, Kyle...this is all about you wanting to earn as much money as possible. Nothing else....

I didn't realize you know him personally. Could you get me an autograph?
Also love how you turn this into an India/England vs South Africa thing. Of course, you being one of the founders of this site probably think you can post anything and get away with it. :roll:

Thats the last I'll say on this before things take a turn for the worse. Just couldn't resist myself as I found the generalizations and insinuations about one's character absolutely disgusting and shameful.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

SL tour of SA, Dec 18 - Feb 10

Postby Making_Splinters » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:41 pm

Sussex's post hit the nail on the head for me, despite being slightly pugilistic.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby mikesiva » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:02 pm

'It's not far off what I'd be earning in South Africa but I've got an incredibly good relationship with Hampshire," he said. "I hope if I show them commitment over the next four years, it will help me with setting up a life after cricket also....he breaks down while reading his statement and then bullishly asks one reporter if they will "buy him groceries for the next ten years," when his motives for leaving are questioned. He denies that the words he said three days ago were empty.'

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-afric ... 75751.html

Kyle, if there is little difference in the money, then why ask the journalist if he's going to "buy groceries" for you? There's a contradiction between the two statements. That's the argument Pollard and Russell use, and that's because T20 cricket pays so much more. But it does sound like Abbott sees a future in Hampshire, and that economic motives are first and foremost. It's either that, or, as a white Saffer, he feels more at home in Hampshire than he does in a South Africa where the president is a black man. I know a lot of white Saffers who moved to my neck of Hertfordshire solely for that reason....

'Russell Domingo said he was "bitterly disappointed" in Rossouw. "We backed him when he made five noughts," Domingo said. "If that had been a player of colour, everyone would have said transformation. I haven't spoken to him since Australia but I am very disappointed." Rossouw had made four ducks in his first six ODI innings.'

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica ... 75704.html

Quite right, Domingo...I notice how silent those English and Indian cricket journalists are about the run Rossouw was given, despite his string of failures. They didn't hound him when he went through his poor spell, unlike the way they hounded Ntini, Alviro and Langeveld. Rossuow can't complain about quotas...he got his chances, but still chose to move to Hampshire. Money trumps patriotism.
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru
2014 Eng-SL combined fantasy guru
2014 chess mini-tournament guru
2017 Australian Open tennis guru
mikesiva

Team(s) Supported: First - West Indies
Joint Second - England, Sri Lanka

Postby sussexpob » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:26 pm

mikesiva wrote: Quite right, Domingo...I notice how silent those English and Indian cricket journalists are about the run Rossouw was given, despite his string of failures. They didn't hound him when he went through his poor spell, unlike the way they hounded Ntini, Alviro and Langeveld. Rossuow can't complain about quotas...he got his chances, but still chose to move to Hampshire. Money trumps patriotism.

From 2008-09 when Bavuma came into FC cricket, just a comparsion up to 2014 when Bavuma got the test cap.

season averages for Bavuma ...... 13,45,32, 31,35

season averages for Roussow....40,57, 28, 41, 46 (two of these are season best in SA for all players.... Roussouw comfortably wins).

In 2014, both went on the South Africa A tour to Australia. Bavuma scored 217 runs on the tour. Roussow scored 244 runs in his only innings. Bavuma got the nod for the next test vs England. At the time he averaged 10 runs less in his FC career, and in 1 more South Africa A game had scored 250 runs less than Roussow, at nearly 20 runs per innings less. Nothing to do with skin colour obviously. JP Duminy averaged 15 with no 50s in the same 12 month period in tests around this time, and still wouldnt be dropped.

Roussows hasnt had a test cap because of the colour of his skin. That is an undeniable fact.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby sussexpob » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 pm

mikesiva wrote:'
Kyle, if there is little difference in the money, then why ask the journalist if he's going to "buy groceries" for you? There's a contradiction between the two statements

No contradiction. The money to play for South Africa is about the same as offered in county cricket contract, and he doesnt believe that he has a place in a full fit squad. So he either stays where he is and takes a risk of losing money, or maintaining what he has on a guaranteed offer. If tomorrow he got injured and lost his south African place, his livelihood would be severely affected. Hence the comment.

It's either that, or, as a white Saffer, he feels more at home in Hampshire than he does in a South Africa where the president is a black man. I know a lot of white Saffers who moved to my neck of Hertfordshire solely for that reason...

Or maybe he feels more at home in hampshire than in his native natal, because Southampton doesnt have a homicide rate that ranks in the top 30 cities in the world like Durban. Ok, he could go to Cape Town, Jo'Burg, Port Elizabeth instead, but wait.... they all have worse violent crime stats. In fact every major South African city ranks in the top 50 worst places for violent crimes in the world. Is it something ridiculous like 35% more rapes per capita than the next worst country in the world? Top 6 for murder. Gun crime about the same. Violent assaults through the roof. Burglary too.... and its generally accepted that the official statistics are severely undervalued, as many crimes are ignored.

Yeah, its all about the money and the fact its a black president, nothing to do with maybe the fact he doesnt want to live in a fortress, or maybe would like to walk round a town centre without fear of being shot.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby andy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Are the rumours about Stephen Cook signing for Durham true?
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby andy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:22 pm

David Wiese allegedly close to signing Kolpak deal with Sussex....whilst Dane Piedt has apparently told CSA, that he won't accept any kolpak offers
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

andy

West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby sussexpob » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:38 pm

andy wrote:David Wiese allegedly close to signing Kolpak deal with Sussex....whilst Dane Piedt has apparently told CSA, that he won't accept any kolpak offers

By belief was he was already our player on short term basis. Is he signing long term?

sussexpob

Postby andy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:39 pm

yeah apparently, a 3 year kolpak deal

andy

West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby mikesiva » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 am

andy wrote:Are the rumours about Stephen Cook signing for Durham true?

Cook will be an international player for Durham for three months, after which he will join the South Africa squad.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cric ... 75972.html

He's far more patriotic than the likes of Abbott and Rossouw.
8-)
South Africa are currently ranked third in the ICC Test rankings. Higher than England....
:halo:
I'm not too worried about South Africa's future post-Abbott, etc. IMHO if we can cast aspersions about black South African leaders like Zuma and Bavuma, and the so-called quota system, then a frank and honest discussion about white South Africans is equal game. I still stand by that. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru
2014 Eng-SL combined fantasy guru
2014 chess mini-tournament guru
2017 Australian Open tennis guru
mikesiva

Team(s) Supported: First - West Indies
Joint Second - England, Sri Lanka

Re: Abbott & Rossouw: county or country?

Postby sussexpob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:02 pm

So next time you criticise Putin, racism about black people is fair game?

Are blacks not patriotic Americans for voting against Trump and his vision of modern America?

I'd suggest generalisation of all kinds is not fair game, no matter the excuse

sussexpob

Postby rich1uk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:15 pm

can i ask what exactly the respective ICC rankings have to do with this subject mike, especially as the rankings are retrospective and reflect performance before this recent influx of kolpak players took place

if i didn't know better i would think you are trolling

all this racist crap you come out with is beneath you mike and if i or someone else were to make the same sort of comments directed at black or asian players i would get banned
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby dan08 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:19 pm

rich1uk wrote:can i ask what exactly the respective ICC rankings have to do with this subject mike, especially as the rankings are retrospective and reflect performance before this recent influx of kolpak players took place

if i didn't know better i would think you are trolling

all this racist crap you come out with is beneath you mike and if i or someone else were to make the same sort of comments directed at black or asian players i would get banned

:thumb
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby andy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:26 pm

yeah i agree with Rich, if it was anyone else on this site they would be banned, and its pretty disgusting the way you have gone about this whole thing mike...

andy

West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket