Hampshire 2017 thread

county and domestic cricket around the world

Hampshire 2017 thread

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:24 pm

New season is nearly upon us and Mason Crane took 4 wickets on the North V South game in Abu Dhabi today.
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Re: Hampshire 2017 thread

Postby Hampshire » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:40 am

Tom Alsop is currently bowling first change in a T20 against one of the PSL teams for the MCC...
Hampshire

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire
England

Postby Durhamfootman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:33 pm

good luck to the Hanty's for this year. Make sure you give Sorry and their mercenaries a couple of good spankings for us up here
2024 Big Bash League FL
2023 County Championship D1 FL
2023 WI-SA combined FL
2023 Big Bash League FL
2022 County Championship D1 FL
2022 T20 Blast FL
2022 Ashes FL
2021 All Year Fantasy Competition
2021 ICC T20 World Cup FL
2021 Big Bash League FL
2020 SA-England combined FL
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL
2019 NZ-England test FL
2019 WI-India combined FL
2019 The Open Golf FL
2019 French Open Tennis FL
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-South Africa test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Postby westoelad » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:good luck to the Hanty's for this year. Make sure you give Sorry and their mercenaries a couple of good spankings for us up here

I've no grudge against Hants players or supporters but Hants shouldn't be in the 1st division. Too many interested parties involved in that Kent/Hants issue -should have gone to independant arbitration at the very least.
westoelad

Postby st_brendy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Annoying to lose Bailey for our first four games of the season (three CC, and one one-day) due to his wedding. We missed players last season for all sorts of reasons, but that's a new one. Good start already...

Still, at least it makes team selection a little easier, and gives guys a fair shoot to prove themselves before George returns.

I presume Vince is fine with George taking the four-day captaincy from him when he does return.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:38 am

st_brendy wrote:Annoying to lose Bailey for our first four games of the season (three CC, and one one-day) due to his wedding. We missed players last season for all sorts of reasons, but that's a new one. Good start already...

That's a long wedding, but i guess it includes preparations and a honeymoon.

Still bloody ridiculous if you ask, but i guess we were aware when he signed. If not sack him for taking the piss!
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:43 am

westoelad wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:good luck to the Hanty's for this year. Make sure you give Sorry and their mercenaries a couple of good spankings for us up here

I've no grudge against Hants players or supporters but Hants shouldn't be in the 1st division. Too many interested parties involved in that Kent/Hants issue -should have gone to independant arbitration at the very least.

To say we shouldn't be in the first division is a bit extreme. There are certainly arguments for and against but to say we shouldn't be there is nonsense......enjoy div two!!!!
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby westoelad » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:07 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:
westoelad wrote:

To say we shouldn't be in the first division is a bit extreme. There are certainly arguments for and against but to say we shouldn't be there is nonsense......enjoy div two!!!!

Div2 is a blessing really as by losing so many key players we would probably have been relegation fodder in div 1 this season so I'm looking forward to div2 thank you.Had the issue gone to independent arbitration I'd have no problem had the ruling been in Hants favour.
westoelad

Postby southwood » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:24 pm

westoelad wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:
westoelad wrote:

Div2 is a blessing really as by losing so many key players we would probably have been relegation fodder in div 1 this season so I'm looking forward to div2 thank you.Had the issue gone to independent arbitration I'd have no problem had the ruling been in Hants favour.

Quite agree. Bransgrove's very public comments leant the allegation of prejudice in the decision making particularly as he holds an influential position in the governing body.
The ECB would have had more credibility had the decision been left to an independent adjudicator especially as their alleged procedures appeared to be made up as they went along.
One wonders what will happen to Yorkshire( Headingley) if they cannot find the investment required to bring their ground up to international Test standard in time. The North East and Yorks will be denied a Test cricket venue and join the South West as an area deprived of Test Cricket.
Will Rod advocate further sanctions in the hope that Rose Bowl might get preferential treatment?
southwood

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Putting aside all the political arguments and who influences who in the upper echelons of power in the game, the situation has always been a very straightforward one for me.

2016 season rules stipulated two down from Div One, one up from Div two. That is what has happened, end of argument. Everything else is B/S!
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby westoelad » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:01 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:Putting aside all the political arguments and who influences who in the upper echelons of power in the game, the situation has always been a very straightforward one for me.

2016 season rules stipulated two down from Div One, one up from Div two. That is what has happened, end of argument. Everything else is B/S!

Equally one could argue the 2016 ruling was implying the bottom 2 would be relegated and only the 1st in div2 promoted and the Durham sanction created an unforeseen vacancy in div1. There was never going to be an easy solutuon which is why it would have been better being decided by arbitration. Kent have every right to feel aggrieved. A play off between Kent and Hampshire instead of the rather meaningless N v S contest would to me have offered a much fairer solution.
westoelad

Postby st_brendy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:52 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:Putting aside all the political arguments and who influences who in the upper echelons of power in the game, the situation has always been a very straightforward one for me.

I'd really rather we didn't go through all this again, but yes you are completely right. If roles were reversed, and we were in Kent's shoes, I would be 100% fine with still being in D2 this coming season. I'll never understand why so many people can't see it for the straightforward situation that it is.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby westoelad » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:14 pm

st_brendy wrote:

2016 season rules stipulated two down from Div One, one up from Div two. That is what has happened, end of argument. Everything else is B/S![/quote
I'd really rather we didn't go through all this again, but yes you are completely right. If roles were reversed, and we were in Kent's shoes, I would be 100% fine with still being in D2 this coming season. I'll never understand why so many people can't see it for the straightforward situation that it is.

You won't understand if you don't listen to alternate viewpoints or are able to counter them-2016 ruling stated bottomtwo andtopThat's why the situation is becoming tedious. If your fine with the situation no problem. We'll just differ. I can't understand why people can't accept that.
westoelad

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:00 pm

Very patronising comment Westoelad, suggesting our viewpoint is invalid because apparently we don't understand the alternate point of view. We do, but it's wrong, simples!

Look, I'd much rather you'd stayed up, because I'd settled for relegation, after you beat us fair and square. But you got penalised for improprieties and we rightfully stayed up in your place.

I'm gonna miss the banter this season when we played each other, but hopefully we'll get it back in 2018 when you rejoin us in div one or more likely we join you in div two!
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby westoelad » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:17 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:Very patronising comment Westoelad, suggesting our viewpoint is invalid because apparently we don't understand the alternate point of view. We do, but it's wrong, simples!

Look, I'd much rather you'd stayed up, because I'd settled for relegation, after you beat us fair and square. But you got penalised for improprieties and we rightfully stayed up in your place.

I'm gonna miss the banter this season when we played each other, but hopefully we'll get it back in 2018 when you rejoin us in div one or more likely we join you in div two!

No intention to be patronising. Simply my interpretation of the 2016 rule amendment was the bottom 2 were relegated and the top team promoted. The Durham demotion was a separate issue and certainly not a straightforward one to resolve. But it's done so Amen to that.
westoelad

Next

Return to Domestic Cricket