April 2017 One Day Cricketer of the Month

Cast Your Vote!

April 2017 One Day Cricketer of the Month

Postby The Professor » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:51 pm

In a month where top flight international one day games are put on hold due to lure of the IPL I've had to look far and wide for one day action to praise. There have been good contributions from the formative rounds of the Royal London One Day Cup but also a range of games from our less illustrious Associate cousins and it is from here that I have selected my player.

Kassim Mussa first turned out for Tanzania at the age of 15 and, now 18, his allround talents have been on display in the ICC World Cricket League Africa Region Qualifiers. In his five games played in the competition he claimed nine wickets with his best yield coming in his game against Botswana where he also scored 19 runs. His ability to combine wickets with runs was also displayed well in the final game. Here he got 58 runs before also claiming figures of 3-25 against Sierra Leone. Overall in the competition he scored 106 runs.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Return to Cricket Opinion Polls