Ashwin

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Ashwin

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:28 pm

I included WI in the search which suits newer bowlers more as recently their pitches are said to have become more Asian in character. Got a feeling Ashwin had good figures in WI.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I included WI in the search which suits newer bowlers more as recently their pitches are said to have become more Asian in character. Got a feeling Ashwin had good figures in WI.

he does plus that would be most of his 13 test matches.
think he played 6 in Australia, 4 in WI, 2 in England and 1 in SA.
Although like I said earlier by numbers only the Australia series is poor but compared to other spinners an average of 55 isn't that bad for a finger spinner in Australia he essentially been a victim for his success at asia and then limited overseas games because of india unique test schedule that see them play a batch of home games and then a batch of away games.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Gingerfinch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Murali's record in Aus was poor, and he is arguably the best spinner ever. There's still hope for Ashwin!
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Dr Cricket wrote:Also Harby was unique in that he was a far better spinner early in his career and not the same bowler later on and looking at that list most of his performace came early in his career and when he was bad he didn't play overseas much barring that good SA tour in 2010/11 which was more of an exception at the time.
very odd considering spinners meant to get better as time goes on and not the other way round.

The doosra ruined harbhajan

His off spinner became less dangerous as he changed his action to be able to turn it the other way

His action changed and he seemed to get less drift and turn on his offie
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby backfootpunch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:17 pm

Gingerfinch wrote:Murali's record in Aus was poor, and he is arguably the best spinner ever. There's still hope for Ashwin!

And warnes was poor in India

Ashwin just needs to play a good amount of away games to show how good he truly is, obviously he is a great bowler in friendly conditions, but the greatest bowlers still win games away from their conditions (Steyns record in India comes to mind as the record of a genuine all time great performing in all conditions)

At the moment I look at ashwin like I look at Jimmy Anderson, great when conditions are in there favour less effective when they aren't

Obviously ashwin has more time to change that though
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby meninblue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:50 pm

backfootpunch wrote:
Dr Cricket wrote:Also Harby was unique in that he was a far better spinner early in his career and not the same bowler later on and looking at that list most of his performace came early in his career and when he was bad he didn't play overseas much barring that good SA tour in 2010/11 which was more of an exception at the time.
very odd considering spinners meant to get better as time goes on and not the other way round.

The doosra ruined harbhajan

His off spinner became less dangerous as he changed his action to be able to turn it the other way

His action changed and he seemed to get less drift and turn on his offie

Selectors and think tank took the right decision to drop him when they did. He was even flopping in Ranji matches since then apart from the odd good performance. Not only in tests he was doing bad in T20 too. He had lost the wicket taking ability drastically.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:16 am

Good sign for Ashwin for doing well is that Shanky wants him dropped all the time and doesn’t like ashwin.
Pretty much most players Shanky doesn’t like tend to prove him wrong soon.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby yuppie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:08 am

Thank you Shanky for the Okeefe is better than Lyon debate:0
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:54 am

Be good if Shanky post more, quite a good poster.
Plus tends to follow lots of test teams.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:57 am

yuppie wrote:Thank you Shanky for the Okeefe is better than Lyon debate:0

TBH he was going to start one on warner but then he proved him wrong in Bangladesh.
Believe that series was going to be the last series Shanky was going to give him to perform in Asia.
I would definately follow a team Shanky is a selector off would be changes every test series. He would make England in the 90s look a stable team.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby yuppie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:06 am

Off topic, but Warners good batting in BD does not mask his poor record elsewhere. Notable exception of SA of course.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Should be a big 18 months of whether I am right about Ashwin/Jadeja doing well overseas, or if Shanky is rights and they will get their asses kicked overseas.
Still beyond me why you will pick Kuldeep yadav over Ashwin and Jadeja in SA.
have no arguments having him in the squad as the 18th man but to actually have him over Ashwin or Jadeja is moronic considering how Fickle fans can be.
The young lad shouldn't have to be expected to win games or take wickets overseas at that age with not that much test experience under the belt.
lets not forget 4 yrs ago shanky even said similar things about Jadeja and Ashwin overseas and after a few bad test he wants those players to be dropped and never picked again overseas.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Previous

Return to International Cricket