The Ashes: Adelaide.

Eng in India, Afg vs Ire in UAE, SA & Oz in NZ, SL in Bang

Re: The Ashes: Adelaide.

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 am

TBH when Somerset did it they got critised by other counties fans which was quite funny considering the pitch were quite good and nothing of a rank turner, they were actually duplicate wickets you would get in Asia. Good wickets really.
Generally if any spinner does well or is the lead bowler counties don’t like it which is funny because need balance in all 18 counties.
Let’s not forget northants was a spinners paradise and that helped produce Swann and panesar.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby yuppie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:16 am

One would think that with 18 county pitches, there would be much more variety. Why wouldn't the ECB encourage that?

Perhaps England are just really fond of the military medium pace swing bowler?
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:53 am

Really you need variation in the wickets so batsman practice adapting or they face different condition likewise same with the bowlers.
At the moment pitches in England are quite standard.
Really if you look at the first class system only India seemed to have varied wickets although easier for India to do it because India is a huge country so conditions will obviously varie but at the moment Australia and England first class wickets are similar.
Australia were varied before but now because of drop in decks they are quite standardised now and England don’t really produce many different wickets.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby sussexpob » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:54 am

Dr Cricket wrote:Really if you look at the first class system only India seemed to have varied wickets although easier for India to do it because India is a huge country so conditions will obviously varie but at the moment Australia and England first class wickets are similar.
Australia were varied before but now because of drop in decks they are quite standardised now and England don’t really produce many different wickets.

Which is the obvious reason for India's dominance vs Australia and England away.....

Oh wait no.....
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am

TBH we have to see what happens next 18 months but I expect India to confirm they number 1 ranking.
India got a great chance of winning in England and sa.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 am

Results might not show it yet but because of the varied wickets India have fast bowlers coming through and batsman capable of scoring all around the world.
Even Nasser picked up the point that India got more quicks than England at the moment that are ready for test cricket.
The wickets in India only changed after 2011 so obviously the results won’t be apparent yet but the next 18 months should show if the change of wickets have worked or not.
Last edited by Dr Cricket on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby sussexpob » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:06 am

Dr Cricket wrote:TBH we have to see what happens next 18 months but I expect India to confirm they number 1 ranking.
India got a great chance of winning in England and sa.

India havent played a challenging away series in three years, they have hardly toured I believe? Played SL and WI, who are both rubbish, but no challenging series.

I wouldnt personally be surprised if they lost every test in SA and England. India havent toured well to these teams in the last decade, there isnt really any evidence to suggest that should change, other Indian teams have played very well at home and got slaughtered away
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:08 am

India should do well in England.
Bhuvi should enjoy the conditions.
India won the 2007 series in aus Drew in sa on 2011 and actually got a better record in Australia than England do in recent times.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:10 am

You going by the past results and not the players India got and the bowling attack India got, India pretty much got the bowlers at the moment to win test overseas.
Anyway we have to see what happens in the next 18 months.

I be very surprised if India lost 12-0

Especially at the time where all 3 teams got chinks in the armour and look beatable.
The same team at 2014 did ok In all 3 countries, barring the 2 test in England, India were competitive in all test, so in reality the same group of players should do better this time around.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:15 am

1-0 lost
3-1 lost
2-0 lost isn’t that bad considering India had opportunities to win in sa and aus and won a test in England.
Considering that was the players first tours to the countries they was a decent result.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby sussexpob » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am

Dr Cricket wrote:You going by the past results and not the players India got

Dhawan's record outside of Asia isnt good, and averages 20 in England
Kohli averages 13 in England
Vijay did ok at the start of the last series then dissolved a little.... averages 36 outside India and even less outside Asia.
Pujara averages 22 in England over two tours. Another whos away average dips below 35 outside Asia, and his average away generally is about 37, only scores runs really at home.
Rohit averages 25 in tests away from India
Rahane averages low 30s in Australia, but somewhat bucks a trend with a very good away record elsewhere.
Saha averages 12 in England

Ashwin has done nothing in England or South Africa, and averages 55 a wicket in Australia over 2 whole series.
I. Sharma averages 62, 54 and 40 in Aus, SA and England respectively in a combined 23 tests, so no small sample
Ravi Jadeja averages 37 per wicket away from home, and only took 9 wickets in 4 tests at 47 each in the whole last series in 2014.
Bumrah is a medium bowler whos never played a test

Im wondering what suggests this team are going to be so competitive?

Add in the fact they havent got any worthwhile away experience in tests recently, I am not sure you can expect them to suddenly improve.

sussexpob

Postby sussexpob » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:40 am

Dr Cricket wrote:I
and actually got a better record in Australia than England do in recent times.

Yep. In the last decade they have managed as many single test wins as England have series wins, so clearly superior.

1 win in 10 tests is highly impressive.

sussexpob

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 am

We will have to see but I suspect India will be surprising loads of people in the next 18 months.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:52 am

Haven’t lost 7 times though or likely to face 3 whitewashes In the last 4 tours to Australia like England will do.
Also quite funny how you leave out KL Rahul, bhuvi, shami etc from the analysis or the fact Kohli scored heavy in aus and sa or the fact the batting generally clicked everywhere barring England where their failed.
If you really can’t see the pontential of this Indian team then I really don’t know what you watching.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am

Also I think drawing 2 test in aus and a win at lords and coming close In sa is a worthwhile experience away from home.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches