What is the most entertaining?

Cast Your Vote!

How would you rank the different forms of cricket on entertainment factor?

ODI/T20/Tests
No votes
ODI/Tests/T20
No votes
T20/Tests/ODI
No votes
T20/ODI/Tests
10%
Tests/ODI/T20
70%
Tests/T20/ODI
20%

Total votes : 10

What is the most entertaining?

Postby The Professor » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:01 pm

In what order would you put the different forms of cricket in terms of their entertainment factors?

Criteria:

If it helps imagine you could place your first choice on freeview TV, your second choice on pay-per-view and your last choice would never be broadcast.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Re: What is the most entertaining?

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:55 am

I don't mind T20 at club level, but it's just too ephemeral for international competition, particularly while cricket's catchment remains so small. There's no future in a dozen countries playing each other again and again at T20. If as many played as do football, cricket could be restructured to fit the FIFA model and it would work. But that will never happen. Without Tests the whole game will die of inconsequence at international level.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:00 am

Might have posted that one on the other similar poll! But I find Tests the most entertaining as well. Though I feel a bit about Tests as I did about the FA Cup (when football was on my radar) that a great format with abundant history and fertile significance is being eroded for the advancement of a format that isn't as enriching.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Alviro Patterson » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:40 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I don't mind T20 at club level, but it's just too ephemeral for international competition, particularly while cricket's catchment remains so small. There's no future in a dozen countries playing each other again and again at T20. If as many played as do football, cricket could be restructured to fit the FIFA model and it would work. But that will never happen. Without Tests the whole game will die of inconsequence at international level.

T20is are a valuable money earner for test nations, without it they will struggle financially. For example more spectators turned up to a NZ v WI t20i at Nelson than all 4 days of the 2nd test at Hamilton.

As long as test nations do retain proper First Class cricket, there will be an appetite for test cricket and an incentive to play it. IPL having a dedicated 2 month window wants scrapping because some tests can be played in April and May to alieviate fixture congestion in the Future Tours Programme.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:36 pm

As much as I consider myself a traditionalist, it's bums on seats that seem to call the shots these days, so I've made what I'm sure will be an unpopular decision.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Return to Cricket Opinion Polls